Currently we are looking for a Lead/Principal Engineer for our St. Petersburg office to make the team even stronger.
We are seeking a Lead/Principal Engineer to take over design, development and delivery of a high performance scalable data processing cloud and its tailoring against business domain objectives for one of our customers. There is a unique solution that provides new approach to manage DNA data.
Our customer is an American technology startup, which combines expertise in cloud computing and bioinformatics to create the global network for genomic medicine. The cloud based data management platform is run on amazon cloud to upload, process, compute, store, secure, and integrate genomic data. Their clients are top biopharmaceutical and bio-agricultural companies, leading genome centers, pioneering diagnostic test providers, sequencing service providers, and research consortia accelerate their genomics programs globally.
The successful candidate will work closely with the customer; design and develop the top solution for genome investigation; evangelize cloud based solutions; investigate scalable solutions to tailor them against business and scientific objectives.
- Design, document, and implement new web service APIs for internal and external services
- Build scalable infrastructure specifically targeted to the cloud environment
- Work closely with computational biologists to understand domain-specific needs
- Enable integration of customer services with external systems
- Develop and maintain client libraries, command-line interfaces, and tools for internal and external use
- Perform analytical modeling and computing to mitigate performance and quality risks
- Strong computer science background, including low-level systems and algorithmic complexity
- Demonstrated ability to pick up new technologies and quickly adapt to new paradigms (i.e. node.js)
- Experience using Linux and comfortable working in a Unix shell
- Strong English communication skills (verbal and written)
Nice to have
- Targeting cloud computing services, including Amazon EC2 and Amazon S3
- Designing systems built around interacting web services and associated standards like REST
- Designing and building secure and hardened systems
- Asynchronous programming and noSQL databases
- Working on a production quality codebase with a team, ensuring proper test coverage, and performing code reviews
- Debugging and profiling across the entire stack from the database to the client
- Linux system internals and technologies like LXC
- Outstanding career development opportunities
- Experience exchange with colleagues all around the world
- Competitive compensation depending on experience and skills
- Regular assessments and salary reviews
- Social package - medical care, sports, family care
- Free English classes
- Opportunities for self-realization
- Friendly team and enjoyable working environment
- Flexible working schedule
- Corporate and social events