Currently we are looking for a Senior Java Developer (with front-end) for our Gdansk and Zürich offices to make the team even stronger.
In a new initiative of globalizing a regional front office tool for an important client in the Banking Industry, EPAM Switzerland is launching a new project and hiring senior developers with both front-end and back-end experience. The first part of the project will be carried out in Zurich and will be continued in Gdansk.
The core of the project will be an existing set of applications in the Swiss region. The project has the ambition of unifying these under one common front-end, and then standardizing this user platform in the whole world, replacing all regional versions in Europe, APAC, and other areas. The users of this tool are internal employees and their daily tasks derive from various applications which means that the tool has to deal with several information sources, task systems, features and functions to support and enable task completion. Client data confidentiality between the regions is a critical aspect, so authorization concept plays a key role in the project. Another important consideration is performance, as the final target number of users is above 10 thousand.
The ideal candidate is a Senior Developer, who is solution-oriented and very proactive. He/she is also willing to propose solutions related to both architectural and technical questions and follow them through. Agile approach should be followed throughout the development, and we expect that the team has a quality oriented approach with proper continuous integration, unit and automated testing in place.
- Participate in planning and analysis
- Help the product development with new ideas, technical solutions
- Maintain high unit test coverage and perform integration tests, possibly develop automated tests
- Communicate with other teams working on integrated components
- Debug and analyze defects found during product lifecycle
- Document accomplished work in English
- Excellent Java EE knowledge
- Familiarity with Apache, Tomcat or WebSphere
- Excellent team worker
- Fluent English (spoken and written) is required
Nice to have
- Groovy experience
- Familiarity with Agile approach and Scrum
- Familiarity with BDD and test automation (Selenium)
- Familiarity with banking IT: ITIL and SDLC
- German language knowledge
- Possibility to be involved in an international project (Canada, China, Hong Kong, Mexico, USA, Switzerland, Germany, Sweden, United Kingdom, Russia, Belarus, Ukraine, Hungary, etc.)
- Partial compensation of language classes (English and Polish)
- Vast opportunities for self-development: online courses and library, experience exchange with colleagues around the world, partial grant of certification
- Career development center
- Possibility to take part in both: corporate and startup environment
- Possibility to relocate for short and long-term projects
- Relocation package for those who relocates to Krakow, Wroclaw, or Gdansk from other locations
- Benefit package (health care, multisport, lunch tickets, petrol vouchers and shopping vouchers, etc.)
- Fruits on a weekly basis
- Sponsored sport activities, E-sport program
- We kindly ask you to include the following clause in your application: "Wyrażam zgodę na przetwarzanie moich danych osobowych zawartych w mojej ofercie pracy dla potrzeb niezbędnych do realizacji procesu rekrutacji zgodnie z ustawą z dnia 29 sierpnia 1997 r. o ochronie danych osobowych (Dz. U. z 2002 r. Nr 101, poz. 926, ze zm.)"
- Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted