Striving for excellence is in our DNA. Since 1993, we have been helping the world’s leading companies imagine, design, engineer, and deliver software and digital experiences that change the world. We are more than just specialists, we are experts.
Currently we are looking for a Senior Java/Big Data Software Engineer for our Kyiv office to make the team even stronger.
The successful candidate will join EPAM Kyiv office and take part in new high-profile projects where he/she will have an opportunity to work with Big Data.
- Work on high-quality architecture and implementation design, collaborating with the customer, system/business analysts and onshore architects
- 4+ years’ Java development of applications and enterprise systems
- Experience with Big Data (Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.)
- Extensive experience building scalable, high-performance distributed systems, systems that deal with large data volumes, n-tier, client/server, cluster and load balanced architectures, web applications
- Upper-Intermediate level of English
- Readiness for business trips
Nice to have
- Machine learning experience
- Semantic Web and Linked Data (DBpedia, Freebase, RDF/SPARQL, etc.)
- Natural language processing and machine learning (Apache OpenNLP, etc.): Segmentation, Tokenization, Parsing, Entity extraction
- Working experience with script languages – Bash, PHP, Perl, Groovy
- Competitive compensation depending on experience and skills
- Individual career path in engineering
- Social package - medical insurance, sports
- Compensation for sick lists and regular vacations
- Partial grant of the cost of certification
- English classes with native speakers (certified English teachers)