Currently we are looking for a Senior Java Engineer (Hybris) for our Kharkiv office to make the team even stronger.
Today we are a global team of technologists and thinkers who help transform the world with the power of software, enabling our customers to be competitive and disruptive in the marketplace through innovative technology solutions.
As a Senior Java Engineer, you will live on the front lines of the products we create, and build features used by millions of people every day.
Our customer is one of the world’s largest food retail groups aiming to accelerate its online presence in the world. Our project is about to developing and scale new features, change and support existing functionality for different brands in a large eCommerce solution, which is based on the Hybris eCommerce framework. The main goal is to develop a technical foundation that allows quickly, and at low cost, to launch new features in a flexible manner, to grow the market and maximize return on operational base cost. To achieve it, our current development teams are adopting agile methodologies and working in close collaboration with product owners, third-party vendors and stakeholders from different departments. The account includes 6+ distributed development, UI Automation and DevOps teams with proven potential to grow.
WHAT IS HYBRIS? It's a leading eCommerce platform being authentically a future of eCommerce today. It incorporates stores for web, mobile and more for B2C and B2B including powerful search and merchandising, master data management (MDM) / PIM, order management, and web content management. Built on a single stack of modern, standards-based, service-oriented technology. Hybris is able to manage: 20 million SKUs on one of the largest online retail sites; two million customers and 500,000 orders per day for one of the largest wholesale distributors; 2,500 stores in 44 global markets for one of the largest physical retailers. In just 4 months, hybris was deployed in 42 countries and now processes 6000 inquiries per second.
WHY HYBRIS? Hybris is able to: build upon latest Spring release, including Spring MVC and Spring Integration frameworks; provide full-text search with SOLR; provide RDBMS-independent, support MongoDB in certain modules; provide plain old JSP + top-edge java script frameworks for a storefront; support both REST and SOAP; provide modular architecture, cloud integration and best code practices (Checkstyle, CPD, PMD, FindBugs).
We relocate to Kharkiv. Learn more from a short presentation.
Project technologies and tools
- Design patterns
- Work in pair on the selected stories
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and deliver under tight deadlines
- Participate in development sessions with team to make the decisions about the best programming practices
- Ability to commit and complete work on time, etc
- 3+ years of practical experience in Java web development
- Excellent understanding of Java Core and Enterprise
- Excellent knowledge of Spring framework
- Solid experience with Web Services (REST, SOAP)
- Working experience with relational databases (mySQL)
- Good knowledge of TDD, Junit, integration and unit tests
- Experience with Source Version Control – Git
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in Agile/Scrum will be a plus
- Hybris knowledge will be a plus
- Knowledge of Enterprise Integration Patterns, Spring Integration will be a plus
- Experience with messaging (JMS) will be a plus
- Experience working with CI approach (Jenkins, Atlassian Bamboo, Sonar) will be a plus
- Familiarity with Linux will be a plus
- Good written and spoken English level
- Competitive compensation depending on experience and skills
- Individual career path in engineering
- Social package - medical insurance, sports
- Compensation for sick lists and regular vacations
- English classes with native speakers (certified English teachers)