You are curious, persistent, logical and clever – a true techie at heart. You enjoy living by the code of your craft and developing elegant solutions for complex problems. If this sounds like you, this could be the perfect opportunity to join EPAM as a Head of DevOps. Scroll down to learn more about the position’s responsibilities and requirements.
Ideally, this person will be located in the NYC area but we do have some flexibility around location on the East coast for the right candidate. This position will be a pivotal leader in our ability to deliver large-scale DevOps projects for our customer base. The candidate will have leadership skills along with a deep technical knowledge in the area of DevOps where they are not afraid to get their hands dirty. If you think this may be a role for you, please review the details below.
- Collaborate with internal business units, account managers, delivery managers and other internal stakeholders to ensure DevOps vision is understood and followed per solutions
- Collaborate with customers, up to and including the C-Suite to create, share and deliver on projects on behalf of EPAM
- Implement and shape the EPAM’s DevOps processes, and best practices; lead internal and external transformations with the effort of keeping our team “ahead of the curve”
- Own pre-sales processes/operations as well as architectural decisions, overseeing delivery into production
- Build, implement and direct automated (deployment, integration, methodologies), cloud and/or development/operations principles and maintain quality of implementations and solution recommendations
- Experience working across multiple DevOps projects, generally with a molecular focus on technology landscapes as it relates to cloud and automation efforts
- Lead in the shaping of our DevOps practice in the US, partnering with our international team
- Must be willing to wear many hats; from development to Solution Architecture to project planning to team and resource allocation
- Must have strong technical skills, ideally from a hands-on engineering background, leveraging this experience to win projects in pre-sales and delivery phases of project
- In-depth experience providing whiteboard and roadmap sessions with the ability toc dive into specific tools
- Ability to address c-level concerns, as well as development and operation teams when providing solutions
- Flexible with the ability to work under pressure to ensure client deliveries are on time, within budget, and meet EPAM standards
- Able to identify solutions after performing onsite assessments
- Mature and professional individual who is self-motivated and enthusiastic