You are curious, persistent, logical and clever – a true techie at heart. You enjoy living by the code of your craft and developing elegant solutions for complex problems. If this sounds like you, this could be the perfect opportunity to join EPAM as a Java/Scala Developer. Scroll down to learn more about the position’s responsibilities and requirements.
EPAM’s Financial Services Practice is looking for exceptionally talented people to join our team of world class engineers. Our clients are some of the world’s largest and most innovative banks, investment banks and wealth management institutions.
We currently have an opening for a Java/Scala Developer who is willing to participate in the development of a multi-modular state of the art order management system for equity trading.
The application our team develops will provide our client’s customers with near real time tools to effectively manage, evaluate, and distribute financial resources. The system will also provide users with mechanisms to analyze portfolios and make credible hypothesis as for potential risks and market sentiment and directions, which are vital for any institutional investor.
The new generation cloud based platform build upon a highly parallelizable and scalable database will be using cutting-edge frameworks such as Grid Computing/Map-Reduce offering new level of analysis/datamining capabilities and order management execution.
What You Have
- Scala is not a must. Java/C# development skills will be considered based on a combination of other required skills
- AWS experience is highly preferable
- Strong experience in projects with diverse technology stacks (e.g. Java development skills with experience developing a 3-tier architecture systems like EJB, Spring only would not be good)
- Functional programming experience
- Java 8/Lambda is a big advantage
Nice to have
- Experience with one of the following technologies:
What We Offer
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance (Subsidized)
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Healthcare, Dependent Care, Commuter)
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability (Company Provided)
- Life and AD&D Insurance (Company Provided)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Matched 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Legal Plan and Identity Theft Protection
- Accident Insurance
- Employee Discounts
- Pet Insurance