You are curious, persistent, logical and clever – a true techie at heart. You enjoy living by the code of your craft and developing elegant solutions for complex problems. If this sounds like you, this could be the perfect opportunity to join EPAM as a Project Manager. Scroll down to learn more about the position’s responsibilities and requirements.
This will require polish, tact and a customer-centric approach. You will be active in helping shape the vision for client solutions and central to ensuring their successful execution. EPAM occupies a unique position in the digital services industry. Part consultancy, part innovation lab, EPAM is dedicated to helping global enterprises thrive in the digital age. We innovate breakthrough strategies, experiences and products designed to reinvent the relationship between companies and their customers. We believe in testing and measuring, in continuous improvement, and in the relentless pursuit of results.
EPAM Canada welcomes and encourages applications from candidates with disabilities. Please contact Ashley Means at Ashley_Means@epam.com or 1-267-759-9000 ext. 49976 if you have questions in this regard, or if you require an accommodation to complete the application process. Click here to review EPAM’s Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Accessibility Policies and Multi-Year Access Plan.
- Manage and ensure successful delivery simultaneously
- Take an active hand in growing EPAM’s presence on site with our clients
- Be responsible for continued delivery of EPAM’s complex software solutions
- Manage multiple projects of varying size and scope and their associated people and budgets
- Work closely with client senior executives and stakeholders
- Act as the face and voice of EPAM, managing technical deliveries with a team of consultants
- 10+ years’ experience in and a deep understanding of the SDLC
- Demonstrated capacity to communicate complex information to multiple levels of program team participants, from Directors, Managers, to individual contributors within both EPAM and Client organizations
- Strong customer service and teamwork skills
- Professional demeanor that maintains and enhances professional relationships
- Ability to lead strategically and independently without oversight
- Strong and demonstrated stakeholder management, risk management and budgeting skills and experience
- Ownership of budgets for multiple projects totaling $1-5M
- Experience managing geographically dispersed delivery teams
- Strong history of delivering technical and complex software solutions
- Ability to negotiate and manage conflict amongst diverse parties
- Ability to take failures in stride and adapt to an ever-changing landscape
- Experience leading Agile/Scrum deliveries