Currently we are looking for a DevOps Engineer for our Saint Petersburg office to make the team even stronger.
If you think you are not a DevOps Engineer, or it’s incorrect name for a vacancy, we kindly agree with you here. So, if you are a Systems Administrator or an Engineer, Build or Site Reliability Engineer, we are waiting for you, too. Your mindset and your skills are more important for us.
We are looking for passionate engineers with a DevOps mindset who are results-driven, proactive and passionate about CD and automation of everything. As a DevOps Engineer, you will work with the engineering and product teams on implementation and maintenance of highly versatile cloud orchestration, infrastructure as code and continuous delivery solutions in AWS. You will be a part of international geographically distributed team of experienced professionals while being collocated with local team in our St Petersburg office.
Our DevOps team globally consists of 1600+ engineers, and 100+ of them are in Saint Petersburg.
PROJECT TECHNOLOGIES AND TOOLS
We suggest you 2 directions of your professional growth:
- Cloud & DevOps (the majority of projects are connected with migration of a bare metal infrastructure to a public cloud-based platform; Linux, Java stack, CI/CD, IaC, SCM, clouds, containerization, virtualization);
- Big Data Solutions (the majority of solutions created here are necessary for data analysis and predictive analytics; Linux, Hadoop ecosystem, Java stack, networking, web-servers, CI/CD, clusters, clouds, containerization).
ATTENTION! We are willing to train you to deal with public clouds (AWS / Azure / Google Cloud) and with Hadoop ecosystem (HDFS, MapReduce, Apache Kafka, Apache Storm, Apache Spark, NoSQL DBs (Hive, HBase, Cassandra) and many other new technologies.
- Analyze and improve existing systems, services and infrastructure
- Operate a platform within security and privacy compliances
- Deliver commitments and timely escalate blockers
- Be a Gospeller of DevOps philosophy, CI/CD and Continuous Improvement values, spreading it across the field
- Strong experience in configuring, maintaining, and troubleshooting Linux-based (CentOS, Debian, Amazon Linux, or similar) production systems
- 2+ years of any scripting language experience (Bash / Ruby / Python / Perl / etc.)
- 2+ years of CI/CD processes configuration (Jenkins / TeamCity / Bamboo / GitLab CI)
- 2+ years of automatically provisioning, configuring and deploying environments experience (Puppet / Chef / Salt / Ansible)
- 1+ year of experience in tools such tools as CloudFormation, Lambda, Terraform, etc
- English level should to be enough to participate in Scrum meetings (Intermediate and higher)
- Basic Agile / Scrum / Kanban / Lean understanding
- At least two of the skills above + English are required
Nice to have
- Understanding of high availability concept
- Experience in Java app servers (Tomcat / Jetty / JBoss)
- Nginx / Apache HTTP Server configuration experience
- Virtualization experience (VMware, KVM, etc.)
- Experience in monitoring systems (Zabbix / Nagios / Grafana / Icinga / Logstash / etc.)
- Familiarity with load balancing (ex., HAProxy / Citrix NetScaler)
- Experience in containerization / orchestration technologies tools like Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos
- Experience in cloud services like Amazon Web Services and related APIs
- DB management experience (such as MySQL, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, some NoSQL)
- Experience exchange with colleagues all around the world
- Opportunity to grow professionally and learn new technologies (we have variety of different internal courses and trainings)
- Regular salary reviews
- Social package: medical care, sport activities (basketball, volleyball, football, yoga), English classes
- Opportunities for self-realization (we support many conferences, organize meetups, tech talks, internal communities and such unusual events as, for instance, CodeRetreat)
- Friendly team and enjoyable working environment
- Opportunity to move to another office in the nearest future (25 countries)
- Flexible working schedule and opportunity to work remotely from time to time
- Corporate and social event
- Free parking
- Offices are located nearby Gorkovskaya and Moskovskiye Vorota subway stations