You are curious, persistent, logical and clever – a true techie at heart. You enjoy living by the code of your craft and developing elegant solutions for complex problems. If this sounds like you, this could be the perfect opportunity to join EPAM as a Solution Architect. Scroll down to learn more about the position’s responsibilities and requirements.
EPAM is looking for a Solution Architect to join our growing team in San Francisco, CA. A Solution Architect would be responsible for helping our customer support, modify and upgrade their IOT platform to support their business opportunity. The solution stack will represent some combination or all of the following: Network Layer (Local, Wide, etc.), Data Platform (on-Premise, Private, Public or Hybrid Cloud) Security, Service Layer, Infrastructure, Software/Applications (internal or purchased), etc.
Current technology stack: Client owned and supported servers and network in 2 separate data centers, running Cassandra, Solr, Rabbit MQ with .NET services and applications manipulating, verifying and validating injected IOT data. Client has desire to move to cloud and all AWS IOT platform and services. Experience in this area is a plus.
- Collaborate closely with IoT Business Development Managers and IOT technical team of Developers and testers to prepare present and help implement proposals that solve for the customer business opportunity
- Interface with senior decision makers for Line of Business and Operational Technology, Hardware and Software Design and Development and information technology
- Be hands-on and able to review, understand and debug the current IOT solution and technologies to identify bottlenecks, eliminate redundancies, recognize opportunities for improvement, pinpoint defects, recommend improvements, etc
- Self-motivated professional capable of accurately representing all of the layers in the IOT Solution Architecture that leads to a deployable offering, efficient go to-market plan and accountable revenue pipeline
- Understanding of key/typical IOT problems, flexibility, high availability and scalability, large amounts of data, high transaction rate, etc. and how to develop and recommend solutions to support the needs
- Proven seasoned solutions professional with a deep understanding of solutioning and the ability to solve customer business needs through innovative application of edge to cloud solutions
- Results-oriented, proactive, confident under pressure and demonstrated success
- Product development experience from ideation through sales and support
- Out-of-box thinker, able to propose ideas and solutions that have not yet been tried/tested
- Ability to match the business needs/drivers with the correct technical solution
- Excellent at fitting a solution to a targeted price point and operating expense (and can justify any deviations)
- Capable of recommending a complete system architecture from sensor to sunset
- Strong leadership skills, planning, excellent communication, virtual-team engagement, time management, negotiation and presentation skills are essential
- Ability to positively interact with all levels within the customer base from executive management and sales to hardware & software engineering
- Proven experience in driving complex competitive solution sales scenarios, working in a collaborative environment and taking leadership of driving opportunities to closure
- Proven contracting experience. Able to mentor and lead on-site client team