Striving for excellence is in our DNA. Since 1993, we have been helping the world’s leading companies imagine, design, engineer, and deliver software and digital experiences that change the world. We are more than just specialists, we are experts.
Currently we are looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer for our Kyiv office to make the team even stronger.
As a Senior DevOps Engineer, you will join our team and will work on a project for our customer, US-based leading provider of business information, analytics and outsourcing services. It is a global company with proven expertise in the areas like risk assessment, underwriting support, investment and marketing decisions, preventing fraud, and business performance improving in daily operations.
Company opens new projects for legacy applications re-platforming on a Pivotal Cloud Foundry platform. EPAM acts as an outsourcing partner on these kind of projects since 2016.
Teams will be based in Kyiv in a highly agile environment communicating to customers in Santa Monica, CA and Austin, TX offices, following XP practices, pair programming, TDD, 12-factors app guidelines, best CI/CD practices, etc. Most team members will have business trips to the US (3-6 weeks) to share experience with onsite developers and obtain required business, processes and technical product knowledge to become and effective team member on the project.
- Provide support for a development team from Ops perspective
- Configure Continuous Integration and Delivery pipelines
- Configure new and already existing environments
- Participate in discussions, influence outcomes, and make recommendations on feasibility and processes and architecture
- Devise/modify procedures to solve problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating time, and desired results
- Consult with users, develop business relationships and integrate activities with other IT departments to ensure successful implementation
- Monitor and report to management on the status of project efforts, anticipating/identifying issues that inhibit the attainment of project goals and implementing corrective actions
- Foster and maintain good relationships with customers and IT colleagues to meet expected customer service levels
- 3+ years` experience in Software Engineering and/or Maintenance
- Solid understanding of Software Development Life Cycle, TDD, CI/CD processes
- Experience working with high availability, high performance, multi-data center systems and hybrid cloud environments
- Strong ability to troubleshoot complex issues ranging from system resources to application stack traces
- Experience in version control systems such as Git
- Experience in AWS technologies
- Experience in Jenkins, Artifactory, etc
- Good English communication skills (speaking, writing and reading)
- Ability to work independently under general direction
- Experience using one of the following: JBoss, Glassfish, WebLogic, WebSphere
- Experience working in and deploying to a UNIX based environment
- Competitive compensation depending on experience and skills
- Individual career path in engineering
- Social package - medical insurance, sports
- Compensation for sick lists and regular vacations
- Partial grant of the cost of certification and IT conferences
- English classes with certified English teachers