Currently we are looking for a Technical Delivery Director for our Dublin office to make the team even stronger.
With over twenty years’ experience of crafting market leading software, our business has been rapidly evolving and is now a global player in solving business challenges and developing tailor made cutting edge solutions.
These challenges require a dynamic and highly skilled workforce imagining, designing, engineering, and delivering software, through to business consulting services & customer experiences, which are changing the world around us.
Our Technical Delivery Directors oversee EPAM clients’ relationships, taking a technically ‘hands on’ approach to define and deliver solutions and driving a culture of continuous improvement.
They are accountable for the overall project delivery, client satisfaction and management of expectations while ensuring that the work is on strategy, on time and within budget.
You will be working alongside globally renowned and award-winning design, development and technology teams who are passionate about what they do and how they do it.
Projects range from 20-100 people with typical large-scale clients in the Retail & Telecoms sector, amongst others, depending on demand.
- Cover the full project initiation and life cycle: lead management, qualification for bid/financing, staffing, client management, delivery and execution governance, plus Agile, Jira, Scrum
- Oversee delivery from financial, sourcing, development and business perspectives
- Play a proactive role in proposing technologies, tools & approaches; may have been a Solution Architect or Technical Leader or Head of Technology or Technical Project Manager in previous roles
- Suggest innovative solutions to business problems/processes that leverage technology to provide marketing differentiation, efficiency improvements, and better user experiences
- Investigate complex issues of production delivery, run the root cause analysis, establish a solution and push it through required steps necessary in order to deliver
- Drive integrated teams to deliver solid technology solutions in support of key client initiatives
- Manage high-level client expectations and relationships, looking for opportunities to up/cross-sell products and services through relationship management
- Coordinate the preparation of customer proposals and statements of work
- Work closely with multi-disciplined teams of product owners, architects, engineers and quality assurance to drive estimates, delivery plans and retrospectives
- Identify and manage engagement risks, governance etc. and flag major issues early
- Hands-on technical Delivery Management background with experience in implementing and delivering software projects and solutions for clients (Product Management, Product Delivery)
- Ideally, you will come from a consulting background, knowing the challenges of working for clients and managing hands-on software delivery projects
- Experience working in an Agile environment and be able to visualize technical solutions from beginning to end
- Solid experience working closely with onshore/nearshore/offshore teams and clients
- Architecture or development management background is desirable, as you will understand the wider technical aspect of our projects
- Travel flexibility is highly desirable, as some of our roles will require you to work on a number of client projects in numerous locations
- We are not seeking Service Delivery Managers