Do you have a combination of deep technical expertise, business acumen and strong interpersonal skills? Do you enjoy helping customers architect systems and solve technical problems? Are you passionate about transforming and shaping leading organizations?
Then you have an opportunity to work with highly skilled and professional architects and engineers who specialize in building and integrating custom software solutions at enterprise scale.
Come join us!
We are looking for permanent, technically hands-on Big Data Solution Architects to join our London team and deliver end-to-end strategic client projects.
These are high profile and visible roles within both EPAM and onsite with our clients where you will have a high degree of flexibility to own and enhance the technical landscapes.
- Design data analytics solutions by utilising the Big Data/BI technology stack
- Create and present solution architecture documents with deep technical details
- Work closely with business in identifying solution requirements and key case-studies/scenarios for future solutions
- Conduct solution architecture review/audit, calculate and present ROI
- Lead implementation of the solutions from establishing project requirements and goals to solution "go-live"
- Participate in the full cycle of pre-sale activities: direct communications with customers, RFP processing, the development of proposals for implementation and design of the solution, presentation for proposed solution architecture to the customer and participate in technical meetings with customer representatives
- Create and follow personal education plan in the technology stack and solution architecture
- Maintain a strong understanding of industry trends and best practices
- Get involved in engaging new clients to further drive EPAM business in the Big Data space
- Hands-on experience as a Big Data Architect with a solid design/development background in any of Java, Scala, or Python
- Deep experience in creating/organizing delivery process, even from scratch
- Rich experience working in distributed development teams
- Experience in delivering data analytics projects and architecture guidelines
- Experience with big data solutions on premises and on the cloud (Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud)
- Production project experience with at least one of the Big Data technologies
- Good knowledge of batch processing based on MapReduce and the tools Hadoop / Spark / Hive
- NoSQL databases: any of Cassandra / HBase / Accamulo / Kudu
- Practical knowledge of Agile Development methodology, Scrum in particular
- Experience in direct customer communications and pre-selling business-consulting engagements to clients within large enterprise environments
- Able to work on large scale and complex projects for customers in a variety of industries and UK wide
Nice to have
- Practical experience in performance tuning and optimisation, bottleneck problem analysis
- Background in traditional Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence stacks including: ETL: Talend, Informatica, Pentaho, Microsoft SSIS, IBM DataStage, etc MPP Databases: any of HP Vertica, Pivotal Greenplum, Cloudera Impala, Amazon Redshift Reporting: Tableau, Microsoft Power BI, SAP Business Objects, TIBCO Spotfire, etc
- Experience in UNIX-based environments
- Understanding of stream processing frameworks: Kafka / Flink / Spark Streaming / Storm
- Competitive compensation depending on experience and skills
- Opportunity to work on leading edge platforms, working in a fast-paced, agile, software engineering culture
- Knowledge-sharing with colleagues from EPAM's global tech communities
- Regular performance feedback and salary reviews
- Opportunities for professional growth