Striving for excellence is in our DNA. Since 1993, we have been helping the world’s leading companies imagine, design, engineer, and deliver software and digital experiences that change the world. We are more than just specialists, we are experts.
Currently we are looking for a Senior MS SQL Database Administrator for our Kyiv office to make the team even stronger.
Our client is a leading provider of consumer, financial and property information, analytics and services to business and government. It is a global company with proven expertise in the areas like risk assessment, underwriting support, investment and marketing decisions, preventing fraud, and business performance improvement in daily operations. Its vision is to deliver unique property-level insights that power the global real estate economy.
The project is a rich internet application creation from Macromedia with system implementation using Flex. Application is aimed to improve fee income, reduce bad debt and mitigate risk through resident screening and renters’ insurance solutions.
Currently the main focus is on enhancing the stability issues for the large data volume and on finishing migration from MS SQL Server 2005 to MS SQL Server 2014. Customer is also in a process to migrate DTS packages into SSIS. For 2018 there are plans to rewrite/refactor criminal reports generation.
Business trips to the USA, TX are planned.
Project technologies and tools
- SQL Server
- Spring Boot
- ActionScript and MXML languages for interfaces implementation
- Java for server side
- Hibernate for mapping Java objects to relational database tables (Oracle)
- Continuously ensure SQL Server Agent jobs and scheduled tasks are running successfully
- Provide oversight of ETL processes and services
- Review SQL code and recommend optimization options while enforcing best practices
- Generate and deliver reports on a regular basis
- Evaluate, recommend, and apply new alternate technologies and best practices
- 2+ years` experience in a similar position
- Strong expertise in MS SQL Server (2005/2008/2012/2014)
- Data transfer and transformation experience in DTS
- Familiarity with T-SQL
- Practical expertise in performance tuning and optimization
- Proven skills in bottleneck problems analysis
- Solid technical expertise and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Good written and spoken English (B2 is a minimum)
- Ready to go extra mile
Nice to have
- SSIS and SSRS platforms
- Pentaho Data Integration
- Competitive compensation depending on experience and skills
- Individual career path in engineering
- Social package - medical insurance, sports
- Sick leave and regular vacation
- Partial coverage of costs for certification and IT conferences
- English classes with certified English teachers