Currently we are looking for a Senior Java Engineer (Hybris) for our Kyiv office to make the team even stronger.
Our client is the largest international health & beauty retail group in Asia and Europe (based in Hong Kong), with over 12,000 stores operating 13 retail brands in 24 markets worldwide serving over 27 million customers per week. The company operates the world's largest portfolio of retail formats, retail brands and running the gamut from health & beauty, luxury perfumeries and cosmetics, food, electronics and fine wine.
Responsibilities may include the development of new Hybris-based eCommerce websites; support of existing solutions and migration of existing BUs to the latest versions.
WHAT IS HYBRIS? It's a leading eCommerce platform being authentically a future of eCommerce today. It incorporates stores for web, mobile and more for B2C and B2B including powerful search and merchandising, master data management (MDM) / PIM, order management, and web content management. Built on a single stack of modern, standards-based, service-oriented technology. Hybris is able to manage: 20 million SKUs on one of the largest online retail sites; two million customers and 500,000 orders per day for one of the largest wholesale distributors; 2,500 stores in 44 global markets for one of the largest physical retailers. In just 4 months, hybris was deployed in 42 countries and now processes 6000 inquiries per second.
WHY HYBRIS? Hybris is able to: build upon latest Spring release, including Spring MVC and Spring Integration frameworks; provide full-text search with SOLR; provide RDBMS-independent, support MongoDB in certain modules; provide plain old JSP + top-edge java script frameworks for a storefront; support both REST and SOAP; provide modular architecture, cloud integration and best code practices (Checkstyle, CPD, PMD, FindBugs).
Project technologies and tools
- Hybris (E-Commerce Platform, based on Spring)
- Design patterns
- Web Services (SOAP and REST)
- Agile best practices: Scrum, XP, TDD, ATDD, Pair Programming; Continuous Integration/Deployment; Direct interaction team-customer; Continuous process improvement; Clean Code; Scaled Agile Framework
- 5+ years of Java and J2EE development experience
- Proficiency in Spring framework
- Solid understanding of application design
- Experience with Web Services (REST, SOAP)
- Hybris development experience would be a plus
- Strong understanding of Agile and Scrum methodologies
- E-commerce experience would be a plus
- Soft skills:
- Good communication skills, good command of both spoken and written English
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Fast learner
- Competitive compensation depending on experience and skills
- Individual career path in engineering
- Social package - medical insurance, sports
- Compensation for sick lists and regular vacations
- English classes with native speakers (certified English teachers)
- Flexible work hours