Striving for excellence is in our DNA. Since 1993, we have been helping the world’s leading companies imagine, design, engineer, and deliver software and digital experiences that change the world. We are more than just specialists, we are experts.
Currently we are looking for a Data Analyst for our Kyiv office to make the team even stronger.
Our client is a US-based leading provider of business information, analytics and outsourcing services. It is a global company with proven experts in the areas like risk assessment, underwriting support, investment and marketing decisions, preventing fraud, and business performance improvement in daily operations. The company is opening new projects to re-platform legacy applications on a Pivotal Cloud Foundry platform. EPAM stands as an outsourcing partner on these kind of projects since 2016.
The team is working on Payday Loans System application redesign – financial domain, alternative credit reporting source based on payday loan data. The Greenfield Java project includes 90% of server side, 10% front-end engineering. Rather dynamic development process, weekly sprints and result delivery on a weekly basis are assumed.
Current project stage is related to Architecture improvements of Merge & Normalization rules engine.
- Development and verification of Design documents (contain research results and functional requirements)
- Requirements elicitation and documentation
- Collaboration with the client on clarifying functional requirements
- Impact analysis (data analysis) for changes proposed
- Explanations for requirements and solutions to QA team
- Development and automation testing data analysis support
- Data mining and analysis
- Code analysis, logic reconstruction, proposals for logic improvement
- Effective participation in meetings (discussion, presentation of technical solution proposed)
- 3+ years of hands-on corresponding experience
- Agile processes practices
- Data mining via scripts: Perl, Python or other tools
- Data analysis experience via: Excel, SQL or NoSQL scripting
- Proven experience working in different data formats: XML (DTD, XPath), JSON, custom machine readable, etc
- Good verbal and written English (Upper-Intermediate or higher level)
- Experience in communication with foreign business representatives
Nice to have
- Code analysis (C, C++), algorithm description
- Experience in Big Data analysis
- Subject matter knowledge:
- Credit bureau and credit history (preferred a USA-mortgage/USA-lending)
- Lending for individuals (credit origination, lender selection, scoring, credit decision)
- Other development for financial area
- Competitive compensation depending on experience and skills
- Individual career path in engineering
- Social package - medical insurance, sports
- Sick leave and regular vacation
- Partial coverage of costs for certification and IT conferences
- English classes with certified English teachers