Currently we are looking for a .NET Architect for our Kharkiv office to make the team even stronger.
A Solution Architect is a primary member of the project leading team at EPAM and is responsible for the overall architecture of the system and alignment of business requirements to the technical design. You will together with a Delivery Manager, System Architect and implementation team to deliver the entire solution for the customer.
Our client is the UK retailer - premium international brand, operates more than 400 stores in 45 countries worldwide. The project is about building a complex ordering system.
Purpose of the role:
- Design a solution architecture within the wider context of the platform and third-party ecosystem;
- Define technical risks and identify mitigations for them;
- Provide technical guidance/governance to the development team during implementation.
What’s in it for you in this position with EPAM:
- Your meaningful contribution to innovative solutions for top companies worldwide;
- Close work with EPAM .NET competency center and global community of architects;
- On-site visits, ability to travel & interact directly with global teams;
- Well established processes of delivery, modern technologies, engineering best practices;
- Ability to join the project from scratch within discovery phase;
- Access to senior-level resources and strong engineering community to build a team;
- Opportunity to learn and grow with Solution Architecture University at EPAM.
- Design large-scale solutions
- Create solution architecture document at a good level with deep technical details
- Work closely with business in identifying solution requirements and key case-studies/scenarios for the future solution
- Conduct solution architecture review/audit and create review/audit report
- Lead implementation of the solution from establishing project requirements and goals to solution "go-live"
- Oversee the development efforts and provide technical help as needed
- Participate in the full cycle of pre-sale activities
- Communicate directly with potential customers; RFP processing
- Develop the proposals for implementation and design of the solution
- Present proposed solution architecture to customer
- Participate in meetings with customer representatives
- Participate in customer’s workshops and presentation of the proposed solution
- Directly communicate with customers during solution architecture design or solution implementation activities
- Maintain a strong understanding of industry trends and best practices
- 7+ years of experience in hands-on development on .NET platform
- Strong experience in team leadership, direct customer communications
- Strong experience with multiple full lifecycle software development processes, approaches and methods
- Proactive approach and leadership in architecture engagement
- Expertise in solution architecture: web application front-end and/or back-end architecture, solution cross-cutting concerns (security, monitoring, caching, etc.)
- Strong understanding of mission critical application design; scalable application design; high-performance application design
- Strong knowledge of architectural styles, enterprise architecture patterns, integration patterns, development patterns, architecture artifacts and deliverables, solution architecture design approaches and practices, change management processes
- Understanding of performance issues and approaches to address them systematically
- Experience in customer site assignments
- Strong communications skills and ability to communicate message to customer representatives and manage their concerns
- Fluent English
- Competitive compensation depending on experience and skills
- Individual career path
- Social package - medical insurance, sports
- Compensation for sick lists and regular vacations
- English classes with native speakers (certified English teachers)
- Flexible work hours