Currently we are looking for a Senior Java Developer for our London office to make the team even stronger.
Project Description: you will be working on a suite of risk intelligence applications comprising of capabilities to address Know-Your-Client and AML (Anti-Money Laundering). The scope includes new feature development, re-engineering and enhancing existing core features.
A Senior Java Developer should have the ability to deliver high quality work on time in a high-energy environment while collaborating and brainstorming with other developers in a dynamic team environment. A combination of strong planning, organization, time management skills, and handling multiple projects are key. A Lead Software Engineer will also contribute to the maintenance and support of production systems as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of experience
- 7 to 10 years software development experience using Java
- Experience using Agile Methodologies primarily Scrum
- Expert-level Java skills and design, including significant knowledge of core libraries and common design patterns
- Mature leadership skills with a track record of mentoring teammates and background in setting project goals and delegating tasks
- Strong attention to detail and ability to prioritize work effectively
- Ability to write clean code that is easy to understand
- Expertise using OO and JEE design patters and software development methodologies
- Able to provide technical guidance and oversight to a team of 5-8 developers and testers in offshore
- Customer first approach to software development
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (ability to communicate effectively with technical staff, Business Analysts, management, and business team members)
Nice to have
- Server side programming technologies including Java and Spring
- Managing code and changes in a team environment to include experience with source control utilities, such as Git
- Strong troubleshooting and debugging experience
- Comfortable leading design discussions in addition to hands-on development
- Working and interacting with a geographically and culturally diverse team
- Mentoring Junior Developers and translating requirements from business partners
- Experience with XML processing and transformations (XPath, XSLT, etc.)