Currently we are looking for a Java Developer for our Krakow office to make the team even stronger.
The position concerns working on a system characterized by high availability and low latency requirements. Its core is based on a distributed, event sourcing-based architecture. As the domain of the system is subject to rapid evolution the same applies to the system itself which requires a specific approach to delivery. The whole group on average schedules 70 production releases every week. The challenges of the environment make it necessary to be a complete software engineer. This concerns being able to define and fine tune the scope of the tasks working with client stakeholders, implement a high quality solution, make sure it’s properly verified in terms of functional and non-functional requirements and coordinate its release. Ideally the person should also be proactive and drive improvement in various areas.
The team cooperates with stakeholders located within the same time zone. The group consistently grows for the last four years. The team works on a whole stack of solutions ranging from back-end components, web services, integration solutions, desktop applications, web applications, infrastructure and tooling. The team consists of seven delivery sub-teams of 7-11 engineers which focus on specific areas of the system. This gives team members a unique opportunity to move between business and technical areas.
- Good knowledge of Java SE
- Good teamwork skills
- Good communication and time management skills
- High level of English
- Eager to learn
Nice to have
- Ability to acquire and capture requirements
- Pragmatic approach to software development
- Understanding of multithreading in Java
- Experience with networking in Java
- Experience with web services in Java
- Experience with SPA web development
- Understanding of investment banking domain
- Attention to software quality
- Positive improvement-oriented attitude
- Possibility to be involved in an international project (Canada, China, Hong Kong, Mexico, USA, Switzerland, Germany, Sweden, United Kingdom, Russia, Belarus, Ukraine, Hungary, etc.)
- Language classes (English and Polish)
- Vast opportunities for self-development: online courses and library, experience exchange with colleagues around the world, partial grant of certification
- Career development center
- Possibility to take part in both: corporate and startup environment
- Possibility to relocate for short and long-term projects
- Relocation package for those who relocates to Krakow, Wroclaw, or Gdansk from other locations
- Benefit package (health care, multisport, lunch tickets, petrol vouchers and shopping vouchers, etc.)
- Fruits on a weekly basis
- Sponsored sport activities, E-sport program
- We kindly ask you to include the following clause in your application: "Wyrażam zgodę na przetwarzanie moich danych osobowych zawartych w mojej ofercie pracy dla potrzeb niezbędnych do realizacji procesu rekrutacji zgodnie z ustawą z dnia 29 sierpnia 1997 r. o ochronie danych osobowych (Dz. U. z 2002 r. Nr 101, poz. 926, ze zm.)"
- Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted