Currently we are looking for a Java Developer for our Prague office to make the team even stronger.
ABOUT THE PROJECT
London-based customer which deals with investment banking/equities/collateral management. Main purpose includes automation of collateral & triparty management via a number of batch flows and minor reporting. Direct communication with the business users/traders and effective product ownership mean that business knowledge is a notable part of a daily life.
Project is a 99% back-end batch application with a minimum of AngularUI, however it is not actively developed. The technologies used are best described by the historical layout of how new versions got developed (note, all versions share MyBatis & SQL Server e.g. DRY):
1. NYK/LDN team passed KIE team a monolith, cluster-based, custom IoC framework, Java 6/7, Spring Core, Oracle Coherence.
2. Later, it was decided to create an own version of similar framework with same technologies and add new features.
3. As priorities changed and we were locked onto Java 7, we decided that above was overkilling & started a simple module-based project with more technological freedom (Spring Data, Java 8, Hibernate, Cucumber BDD tests) with some ideas of microservice architecture & possible future cloud migration. Main development & testing happens here.
Team & Role Description
London team owns three projects, including the one in hand. Having earned experience/reputation, KIE team was able to become a self-managed unit with Dev/QA/DevOps roles, effective product owners & covering the full cycle of product development (essentially, we receive epic level descriptions from the business & start from there). This explains the above V3 project.
- Full cycle development
- Occasional release activities and L3 support
- Java 7/8
- ORM is advisable
- Good command of English
- Willing to move to Prague