You are curious, persistent, logical and clever – a true techie at heart. You enjoy living by the code of your craft and developing elegant solutions for complex problems. If this sounds like you, this could be the perfect opportunity to join EPAM as a Build Engineer. Scroll down to learn more about the position’s responsibilities and requirements.
We are seeking an experienced Build Engineer with a strong expertise VMware virtualization for a full-time opportunity to jump into a new project in the Information Systems domain. The role is based in Boston, MA office. Relocation assistance is available.
You are passionate about delivering elegant technical solutions in a fast-paced environment, we want to hear from you!
The project includes the task on upgrading VMware to version 6.x, and another option – hardware server automation on Python (200+ hypervisors).
- Experience with OpenStack virtualization
- Experience with VMware virtualization
- Experience with OS scripting and automation tools (preferably Python)
- Experience working with system configuration tools - CMS (preferably Ansible, etc.)
- Experience configuring and managing Linux systems
- Experience in operating system security (best practices for installation, configuration, patching, etc.)
- Solid understanding of fundamental hardware concepts: disk, memory, CPU, NIC, HBA, firmware, RAID, performance concepts (I/O, paging, swapping, system calls), iSCSI, Fibre Channel, Ethernet, firmware
- Experience with Network-attached storage - NAS (NetApp preferred)
- Experience with managing and configuring systems on TCP/IP networks and an understanding of network concepts, protocols, and tools/applications (e.g. Wireshark)
- Solid understanding of essential TCP/IP protocols: TCP, UDP, ICMP, SMTP, SNMP, LDAP, DNS, NTP, and understanding of wider set protocols
- Operational experience supporting enterprise class systems in a 24x7 high availability environment
- Demonstrated ability to design and deploy highly available server solutions in a multidata center environment
- Strong understanding of high availability concepts with practical experience in and implementation of key components (databases, application servers, fault tolerant systems, cluster server/software, etc.)
- Experience with load balancing (F5/Avi preferred)