Currently we are looking for a Java Developer for our Prague office to make the team even stronger.
The role is for a Java developer working on the pricing and risk platform that supports the equities derivatives business. The role will involve development of various components of the strategic system and working closely with other technology teams in London, New York, and Hong Kong.
The role-holder will be involved in all aspects of software delivery, including analysis, design, development, deployment and hand-over to the support team. The role-holder will be expected to know or be willing to learn Java as this predominant language used however also several other programming languages are used to vary degrees including C#, PowerShell and SQL. There is also some use of an in house proprietary functional language.
- Proficient in Java or equivalent language such as C# and willing to learn Java
- Proficient in software development practices with at least 2 years of experience
- Technically proficient - knowledge of design patterns, data structures, algorithms and general problem solving is required
- Knowledgeable of development best practices as TDD, code reviews etc
- Comfortable working within an Agile team and working on tasks outside of core proficiencies
- Comfortable working with other IT teams either as a client or providing support
- Willing to provide second line support as part of a support rota
- Knowledge of Git/Bitbucket and associated workflows
- Knowledge of Scrum
- Knowledge CI/CD
- Knowledge of multithreading
- Knowledge of databases & their SQL languages (e.g. Oracle, MS SQL, PL/SQL, TSQL)
- Knowledge of equity derivatives
- Proven ability to pick up and learn new languages on the job