Currently we are looking for a QA Engineer for our Prague office to make the team even stronger.
Our client is an investment bank which provides large corporate, government and institutional clients with a full spectrum of solutions to their strategic advisory, financing and risk management needs.
Prime transaction manager (PTM) is a key service provided to prime clients and is a platform that helps the client and their Barclays Service representatives manage their financial transactions such as wires, collateral movements, journals, futures and swaps settlements. PTM is in the top-tier categorization of resilience requirements and requires highly effective and mature team to innovate and develop on a critical system. PTM is currently working on business development projects to assist the business with automate and optimize settlements against excess/deficit collateral, futures business development, infrastructure re-platforming and additional automation of derivative settlements. The PTM development team is based in the US and India and is launching an effort to rebuild its Eastern Europe development team. PTM supports clients, customer services and operations globally on a 24/6 basis.
TEAM: London team owns three projects, including the one in question. Having earned experience/reputation, KIE teams were able to become a self-managed unit with Dev/QA/DevOps roles, effective product ownership & covering full-cycle of product development (essentially, we receive epic-level descriptions from the business & start from there). This brings to the below role.
ROLE: As new team is being built in Prague, we would like it to be a self-sustainable unit being able to cover full SDLC. We have a TL + 5 developers, so now we need a BA/QA (this role):
Despite Dev-s being also involved into business domain, QA shall need to cover analysis & investigation of incoming requirements (BA component) => willing to get deeply acquainted with the domain (it is interesting, though very scattered across different units);
Having this prior knowledge, we want to achieve smth close to QA-driven BDD with Cucumber tests created around/prior to Dev – note that not all infrastructure is ready => basic coding may be present (QA role is inside the dev team - Dev-s may assist/advise/implement required infrastructure, so it is bonus, not a requirement);
As some projects do not support real end-to-end testing and/or sometimes several of them are impacted at once, manual regression is mandatory around 2-per-month releases (1-3 days);
Special note/red flag – there is no UI => no Selenium/etc. Instead – scripts + Java/JUnit code.
- Manual Tester seniority
- Willing to dive into new areas of business/tech
Nice to have
- Experience with CI/automation in any language
- Linux/Shell scripting
- We offer the possibility to work on full product lifecycle – from concept to delivery into production
- We are open for innovations and modern technologies
- We offer guaranteed professional growth through the technology trainings and technology communities inside EPAM
- We are proactive Agile/Scrum/XP practitioners
- We propose to realize your ideas and potential within the democratic environment
- Using English on a daily basis, communication with people from different countries
- As a team - we bring in all our empathy, synergy and drive to focus on the client – bringing world class experience online
- Competitive compensation depending on experience and skills
- Comfortable and modern offices in Prague 4
- Benefit program (5 weeks of vacation, 5 sick days, wage compensation for the first three days of illness, meal vouchers, flexi pass, annual coupon of Prague city public transport, multisport cards)
- Start ASAP/negotiable