Currently we are looking for a Java Software Engineer for our Prague office to make the team even stronger.
The market risk IT group develops systems that calculate the daily value at risk and non-DVaR risk measures for Barclays capital and supports the global financial risk management group in their daily risk-management activities.
The SRA backtesting team within market risk IT delivers strategic software solutions for the risk managers and MRE, focusing primarily on server side and official reporting (numerical aggregation, regression and UIs/regulatory reports).
This will be a long-term position working for strategic “backtesting” infrastructure and reporting platform.
The team location will be in Prague. The employee will be working as a Java Developer as part of a team delivering long term projects. The work will primarily consist in creation of new reporting/workflow regimes of existing tool to be plugged in our already existing strategic reporting system (I.C.E.) to implement a robust “backtesting” process.
- Support and develop the new strategic backtesting UI and workflow component
- Assist RTB/portfolio management with production lifecycle if required (i.e. 2nd line support)
- Develop software within a team in an Agile methodology
- 2+ years of development experience in Java and experience in multithreaded and multi process programming
- Server-side development
- Basic understanding of networks/messaging APIs (Solace/JMS/EMS/Tibco, etc.)
- Basic database skills with experience in relational database design and non-relational (Hadoop and its APIs)
- Preferred knowledge of both Linux and Windows OS
- Practical experience in the full software development lifecycle
- Master’s degree in Computer Science from a reputable university
- Good verbal and written communication skills with a good command of English and ability to explain complex technical and functional topics in simple terms over the phone
- Ability to work proactively
- Ability to build productive working relationships with other IT groups, business users and support teams
- Strong ability to analyze data, detail orientation and good quantitative ability
- Willingness to work closely as part of a team with users, developers and business analysts outside home location such as London and New York
- We offer the possibility to work on full product lifecycle – from concept to delivery into production
- We are open for innovations and modern technologies
- We offer guaranteed professional growth through the technology trainings and technology communities inside EPAM
- We are proactive Agile/Scrum/XP practitioners
- We propose to realize your ideas and potential within the democratic environment
- Using English on a daily basis, communication with people from different countries
- As a team - we bring in all our empathy, synergy and drive to focus on the client – bringing world class experience online
- Competitive compensation depending on experience and skills
- Comfortable and modern offices in Prague 4
- Benefit program (5 weeks of vacation, 5 sick days, wage compensation for the first three days of illness, meal vouchers, flexi pass, annual coupon of Prague city public transport, multisport cards)
- Start ASAP/negotiable