Currently we are looking for a Software Engineer (Full Stack Java) for our Singapore office to make the team even stronger.
Our customer is the world’s best digital bank with a mission to reimagine banking and make it a seamless and invisible part of our everyday lives. The customer puts digital priorities at the heart of banking, designing and creating products and services to help the clients. With a strong culture of innovation, experimenting with new technology and collaboration with the FinTech community, the aim to simplify banking.
We’re looking for technologists across varying levels all over the world to be part of a major transformation programme to reimagine banking.
Based in Singapore, you’ll be leveraging the latest technology to develop mission critical applications from scratch. You’ll design, develop, test and deploy new applications as part of the strategic transformation programme, using Agile, cloud technologies, microservices and big data.
- Create complex, enterprise-transforming applications in diverse, high-energy teams
- Work with the latest tools and techniques
- Code in a pair programming environment usually
- Work in highly collaborative teams and build quality code
- Furnish the business domain deeply and work closely with business stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (or equivalent experience)
- 4 to 9 years of development and delivery experience with Java / J2EE
- Hands-on experience in analysis, design, coding, and implementation of complex, custom-built applications
- Development experience in Java (Spring, J2EE, Spring Boot)
- Ember.js / ReactJS / Angular (1.x or 2) / Backbone.js / Dojo / Spring Framework / MongoDB / Redis / Riak / Avro/ JSON / BSON / Protocol Buffers / AMQP (Rabbit MQ)/ Cloud Foundry or similar cloud technology
- Knowledge of lots of different domains and client environments
- Strong design patterns knowledge
- Familiarity with relational databases, preferably MySQL, NoSQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL or SQL Server
- Experience working with, or an interest in Agile Methodologies, such as Extreme Programming (XP) and Scrum
- Knowledge of software best practices, like test-driven development (TDD) and Continuous Integration (CI)
Nice to have
- Additional experience in developing service-based application
- Excellent analytical skills; proficient in MS Office and able to produce board-level documentation
- Fluency in written and spoken English; good communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-starter who sets and meets challenging personal targets; detail-oriented person, with a big picture outlook
- Understanding of current technologies employed by Tier 1 Investment Banking Institutions
- Must be a team player
- Friendly team and enjoyable working environment
- Work-life balance and flexible schedule
- Online training library, mentoring, career development and potential partial grant of certification
- Referral bonuses
- Compensation for sick leave and paid time off
- Opportunities for self-realization