Currently we are looking for a C#/.NET WPF Software Engineer for our Prague office to make the team even stronger.
Our client is an investment bank which provides large corporate, government and institutional clients with a full spectrum of solutions to their strategic advisory, financing and risk management needs.
.NET Developer will be part of a full stack (front-end and back-end) team that delivers UI implementation expertise. Projects are highly varied and can range from specialized risk management applications for front-office staff to regulatory dashboards to specialized data visualization applications. Applications need to be coded to a very high standard with developers having expert knowledge of creating high-performance applications, able to display large volumes of data and developed to run on a scalable, global infrastructure.
The fabric, analytics and reporting function is a cross-asset technology group within the customer’s corporate and investment, comprised of over 1,800 people in 15 countries. Our objective is to consolidate, streamline and simplify the generation, analysis and visualisation of risk within the investment bank onto strategic, cross-asset platforms. The migration from a legacy, vertical, asset class specific environment to a shared, cross-asset, platform is a complex one and we are running that work as a multi-year programme.
We are seeking a C#/.NET WPF Developer to join the RFT Technology Pivot team to build out customer’s strategic volatility publishing platform.
- Develop code to meet requirements. Design proper tests that will exercise new behavior as well as checking regression risk. Understand tradeoffs among implementation options in terms of time to delivery, extensibility, and performance. Make use of the latest toolsets to streamline the release and testing process
- Collaborate directly with senior members of macro business teams and their support functions (including Front Office, Quants and IVC, and IBMO) to analyze existing market data publishing systems and business processes, prioritize requirements and directing testing activities
- Take ownership of front-to-back project deliveries with minimal oversight, and releasing updates in a timely and iterative manner
- Work quickly, often under pressure, to solve production problems with critical, analytical thinking. The candidate will participate in a support rota providing development support to business users
- Continually develop and improve the team’s delivery, support and operations processes, as well as mentoring and coaching new members of the team on the system design and domain expertise
- Minimum 3 years hands-on .NET/C# experience in building
- Enterprise experience with building desktop applications via WPF
- Strong knowledge of design patterns and principles (GoF, SOLID)
- Experience working with EMS like Solace, IBM WebSphere MQ, RabbitMQ or similar
- Experience working with Git or similar distributed Version Control System
- Good verbal and written communications skills in English
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Mathematics or a scientific discipline
- Ability to prioritize work in a rapidly changing environment and deliver to tight deadlines
- Proactive attitude to work items and progression of the project
- Flexible and adaptable to work with a variety of technology and business challenges
Nice to have
- Experience building enterprise software within financial institutions
- Experience working as part of an Agile development team
- Experience with creating service-based architecture via WCF or ASP.NET Web API
- Experience with RDBMS like MS SQL Server or similar
- Experience with CI/CD build creation and configuration via TeamCity or similar tool
- Experience with PowerShell
- We offer the possibility to work on full product lifecycle – from concept to delivery into production
- We are open for innovations and modern technologies
- We offer guaranteed professional growth through the technology trainings and technology communities inside EPAM
- We are proactive Agile/Scrum/XP practitioners
- We propose to realize your ideas and potential within the democratic environment
- Using English on a daily basis, communication with people from different countries
- As a team - we bring in all our empathy, synergy and drive to focus on the client – bringing world class experience online
- Competitive compensation depending on experience and skills
- Comfortable and modern offices in Prague 4
- Benefit program (5 weeks of vacation, 5 sick days, wage compensation for the first three days of illness, meal vouchers, flexi pass, annual coupon of Prague city public transport, multisport cards)
- Start ASAP/negotiable