You are curious, persistent, logical and clever. You enjoy living by the code of your craft and developing mind-blowing solutions for complex problems. You are a true techie at heart. If this sounds like you, this could be the perfect opportunity to join VDI (an EPAM affiliate company) as a Python Developer. The Python Developer will implement business strategies, interpret data and create reports, and execute various Web activities.
We are currently looking for a Python Developer with an interest in working on Machine Learning projects in the San Francisco area. If this sounds interesting to you, continue to read below.
This position is for employment with VDI, not EPAM Systems. VDI is an affiliate of EPAM.
- Work with our data collection team and machine-learning experts to reduce friction in going from collecting a new dataset to launching a new feature
- Design and build applications and tools that allow collecting, managing, and labelling data
- Integrate applications and systems with existing tools around developing machine-learning algorithms
- Computer Science or related (e.g. Computer/Electrical Engineering) degree
- 3+ years’ experience building production software systems
- 2+ years’ experience with Python
- Experience with Python scientific computing libraries, such as pandas, scipy, scikit-learn
- Thrives on collaboration in a multi-disciplinary team
Nice to have
- Experience designing, building, and debugging high quality distributed systems or backend services
- Experience with machine learning and data processing frameworks (e.g. Tensor flow, Apache Beam, Apache Storm, Apache Kafka)
- Experience setting up and managing continuous integration/deployment systems, e.g. Jenkins
- Experience with GCP, specifically App Engine, Datastore, Big Query