Are you passionate about building Digital products? Are you data-driven and customer-focused? Do you have an eye for detail, while being able to keep sight of the bigger picture?
Then you have an opportunity to work with the best-in-class engineering and design teams supporting you to shape product vision. As a Senior Business Analyst – Big Data, you will play a vital role in shaping products of our customers that impact lives of millions of people worldwide.
Come join us!
EPAM recruits exceptionally talented people who have a passion for and take pride in their work and are perfectionists in what they do. As a Senior Business Analyst, you will work together with Development project team, and be responsible for capturing business requirements from the Back office stakeholders, translate them into specifications, and work closely with the Development project team to deliver the IT solution for the business.
As a Senior Business Analyst – Big Data at EPAM, you will have the opportunity to take responsibility for commercial relationships and deliver end-to-end solutions with leading edge software and digital technologies. You should be able to define and structure explicit and implicit expectations by the customer, transforming them in clear and specific technical requirements that will be the input for the Solution Architect and the development and testing team. It must have been exposed to Agile methods (Scrum) and able to align with them when interacting with the team and with Product Owners.
This role will be based onsite with a client in Milan, Italy.
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert and Analyst/Consultant, to understand customer’s needs, gather & document requirements
- Help clients understand the best mix of technologies, design solutions and services and how they should be delivered to maximise effectiveness
- Work and collaborate with various offshore and 3rd party suppliers, adapting your communications approach to meet the business demands
- Work to understand the intersection between technology, customers and business to cultivate business development opportunities
- Understand and stay abreast of current and emerging digital trends, unique opportunities and challenges of the space/markets and geographies in which the clients operate, and how it affects client’s business and initiatives
- Support from time to time in a consultative/presales role on select digital engagements as needed and defined by the business and the client
- Strong technical background on Big Data Analysis and Data Warehousing
- Experience working in at least 2 verticals
- Familiar with emerging digital trends and their application in the industry (Service Focus)
- End-to-end delivery experience of at least 1 software delivery project
- Able to understand high level business ideas, impact assess and break them down (user stories) to assist with service design and delivery
- Strong Agile mindset and familiarity with other development methodologies
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and client management skills
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
Nice to have
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Desire to learn and build next-generation products with our client and team of excellent Engineers
- Product development and product ownership mindset
- Able to mentor Junior BAs
- Contribute towards EPAM Business Analysis Competency
- Competitive compensation depending on experience and skills
- Opportunity to work on leading edge platforms, working in a fast-paced, agile, software engineering culture
- Knowledge-sharing with colleagues from EPAM's global tech communities
- Regular performance feedback and salary reviews
- Opportunities for professional growth