Currently we are looking for a .NET Developer for our Prague office to make the team even stronger.
Our client is an investment bank which provides large corporate, government and institutional clients with a full spectrum of solutions to their strategic advisory, financing and risk management needs.
Demand pricing team is focused on development and maintenance of applications for derivate pricing. This includes FX and commodity derivatives as well as major Fixed Income derivative area. We develop and support multiple applications using various technologies with C# and XML focus and our role is to flexibly respond to desk, regulatory and other requirements.
We are looking for a C# Developer to work with users from both business and technology building on demand pricing tool for derivative pricing. The role requires excellent communication skills, strong analytical problem solving abilities, and solid academic background. You should enjoy working in a dynamic environment and have good communication and prioritization skills.
This role would suit individuals with technological knowledge who have or seek even business knowledge that is very hard to get elsewhere.
Development and support of the strategic pricing application in order to provide trading with on demand prices.
- Design and develop the pricing application:
- This will involve working on small and medium sized projects in order to meet stakeholder requirements
- Good technology development standards should be followed such as test-driven development and Continuous Integration
- The role will require high quality innovative solutions to be devised that functionally meet the requirements and are robust, scalable and maintainable
- Provide stakeholder management and leadership:
- Establish good working relationships with front office users and other business users of the application
- This will involve discussing new features with users and guiding them to accept strategic implementations
- The role will also require calling users to provide support and advice when they have problems with the application
- Be involved into decision-making and problem solving
- Provide analysis of support issues and new features:
- For example, this might involve drilling into the code base to determine whether issues raised by uses require a bug fix in our software or in other libraries
- Other tasks will require analyzing new feature requests with business users and determining the correct solutions to provide this new functionality
- Experience in application development in C# .NET following best OO practices, SOLID principles and design patterns
- Experience working with colleagues in a globally distributed team and building collaborative partnerships. In addition to ad-hoc discussions, this will involve daily support handover calls as well as weekly video conference calls
- Experience following an Agile development process in order to improve code quality and increase speed of deliverables. Knowledge of Scrum methodology including sprint planning, daily scrums and sprint retrospectives
Nice to have
- Knowledge of Threading, Reflection, Generics, Xml, Serialization, COM interop and Memory Management techniques
- Good understanding of investment banking financial concepts
- Option pricing knowledge for FX and rates including concepts such as Black-Scholes, the Greeks and hedging strategies
- We offer the possibility to work on full product lifecycle – from concept to delivery into production
- We are open for innovations and modern technologies
- We offer guaranteed professional growth through the technology trainings and technology communities inside EPAM
- We are proactive Agile/Scrum/XP practitioners
- We propose to realize your ideas and potential within the democratic environment
- Using English on a daily basis, communication with people from different countries
- As a team - we bring in all our empathy, synergy and drive to focus on the client – bringing world class experience online
- Competitive compensation depending on experience and skills
- Comfortable and modern offices in Prague 4
- Benefit program (5 weeks of vacation, 5 sick days, wage compensation for the first three days of illness, meal vouchers, flexi pass, annual coupon of Prague city public transport, multisport cards)
- Start ASAP/negotiable