Currently we are looking for a Java Engineer for our Prague office to make the team even stronger.
Our client is an investment bank which provides large corporate, government and institutional clients with a full spectrum of solutions to their strategic advisory, financing and risk management needs.
Credit Correlation covers two applications. The 1st Correlation apps form the processes to run EOD valuations and reports whereas the 2nd application is a front-end to the risk engine to allow ad hoc valuations.
The apps provide EOD and regulatory valuations for the credit correlation desk. Valuations are provided by the risk engine using market data sources. These valuations are available for the desk in reports and fed to downstream systems for further processing.
The 2nd application is providing ad hoc valuations of correlation products for the desk. It shares much of the infrastructure and applications used by the B2 correlation apps. It enables the desk to run theoretical scenarios and generate intra-day product valuations.
The developers will work on upgrade and improvements of an application called risk engine which supports credit correlation trading. The application is written in Java, and uses a distributed computing platform. One of the main tasks will be to move the application to a new strategic Grid platform.
- Provide developer support of existing distributed risk analysis system
- Take part in development of new features and updates upon customer request
- Take an active part in software design creation
- 3+ years of experience in Java
- Java Core, Spring IoC
- Experience with programming distributed systems and multithreaded applications
- Experience with streaming/messaging (Solace, Tib or similar)
- Experience with Git and Maven
- Experience working with RDBMS (MS SQL)
- Software development methodologies (Scrum, Kanban)
- Strong English communication skills (reading, writing and speaking)
Nice to have
- Prior experience in financial/banking projects
- Experience with caching
- Experience with live taking pricing application
- Knowledge of Grid technology
- Linux/Bash scripting experience
- We offer the possibility to work on full product lifecycle – from concept to delivery into production
- We are open for innovations and modern technologies
- We offer guaranteed professional growth through the technology trainings and technology communities inside EPAM
- We are proactive Agile/Scrum/XP practitioners
- We propose to realize your ideas and potential within the democratic environment
- Using English on a daily basis, communication with people from different countries
- As a team - we bring in all our empathy, synergy and drive to focus on the client – bringing world class experience online
- Competitive compensation depending on experience and skills
- Comfortable and modern offices in Prague 4
- Benefit program (5 weeks of vacation, 5 sick days, wage compensation for the first three days of illness, meal vouchers, flexi pass, annual coupon of Prague city public transport, multisport cards)
- Start ASAP/negotiable