Currently we are looking for an experienced Scala Developer for our Budapest office.
The multinational company with Hungarian roots is assigned a prominent role in its international growth to its Hungarian offices in Budapest, Szeged and Debrecen. In Hungary currently 1400+ IT Engineers help the world’s leading companies imagine, design, engineer and deliver software that changes the world. We are in the very middle of EPAM circulation, running large scale of projects and technologies – which provide long-term international career path, travelling and even relocation opportunities to our colleagues.
EPAM Hungary was recently selected as the ‘IT Company of the Year in CEE’, at Central Eastern European Shared Services and Outsourcing Awards and listed in Top 10 ‘Employer of the Year’ in 2017, at European Business Awards.
We believe that the team you build is the company you build. Our offices are digital laboratories. Our clients are major global brands. We’re always looking for talented teammates. Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Work with other project team members (UI Designers, Developers, System and Testing Engineers) throughout the product development, testing and implementation phases to ensure user interface integrity
- Analyze data flows and design a data pipeline along a use case and discussing technology options Work with customers (project management, content editors) to implement the envisioned functionality
- Fulfill requirements/responsibilities according to the Quality Management System
- Strong knowledge of Scala + 1 any of these languages: Python, Java, Clojure, Groovy
- Good knowledge of related database/storage technology (Any of: PostgreSQL, MySQL, Redshift, Impala, Presto, Hive, HBase, Cassandra, DynamoDB, Elasticsearch, Solr, Redis)
- Solid Linux/Unix skills
- DevOps mindset - automating everything
- Experience with CI/CD
- Experience in software development projects in cooperation with different development teams
- Fluent English
Nice to have
- Basic knowledge of Analytics/Data Science
- Understanding of (micro-)service oriented design and related technologies: Linux container, Docker, K8S, RESTful web services, messaging
- Permanent job in a modern office in the company of many skilled associates
- Regular training and development opportunities
- Use of high-valued applications
- Bilingual work environment
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Recreation area
- Relocation opportunities
- International projects