Currently we are looking for a Senior .NET Engineer for our Prague office to make the team even stronger.
Our client is an investment bank that provides large corporate, government and institutional clients with a full spectrum of solutions to their strategic advisory, financing and risk management needs.
Per the mandate based on the industry wide review of algorithmic and electronic trading applications, the project must maintain a centralized inventory of trading-related controls which will include, “in respect of each control, its size, its purpose and the status of its testing". The requirements for testing of the controls fall outside the scope of the project and are addressed separately as a part of the Get requirements. In particular, there is a requirement under the Get standard to test the controls of the order control framework at least once per year.
The purpose of platform is to serve as a centralized, logical repository to store details of the market risk relevant controls and associated limit values for all applicable systems across all asset classes within the Investment bank globally. The framework provides a change/approval workflow management, e-mail alerting functionality, audit trails, and a security model to restrict access.
In order to achieve this, we need to ensure that platform serves as a flexible, robust user interface and the repository is up-to-date with all applicable systems controls by performing reconciliations of the controls limit values to ensure the data stored in the repository is complete and remains useful and accurate on an on-going basis. This document will cover the high-level business requirements for the reconciliation process for the project.
The candidate will interact with the development manager in NY and a business analyst in NY. He/she will also interact with the current development/QA team in Kiev to transition responsibilities from Kiev to Prague.
- Work on various projects varying between critical technical deliveries, regulatory projects and platform enhancements driven by the business needs
- Work on all stages of the development lifecycle (analysis, design, implementation, unit and integration testing)
- Analyze new requirements to find the most appropriate technical solution with high attention to simplicity, performance, fault-tolerance and supportability
- Work closely with the product owners and various IT teams to clarify the requirements and to agree/coordinate cross-application changes
- Strong knowledge of C# and .NET 4 (or higher) framework
- Strong knowledge of object-oriented programming
- Working knowledge of source control, unit and integration testing, Continuous Integration
- Good knowledge of SW development best practices, design patterns, dependency injection, etc
- MS SQL
- ASP.NET, Entity Framework, WCF, Web API, REST
- LINQ to SQL
- Must have:
- OOP basics
- SOLID principles
- Design patterns
- .NET theory
- Value vs reference types (boxing/unboxing)
- Access modifiers
- Implementation and interface inheritance
- Generic classes and structs
- Delegates, lambda-expressions, closures
- Garbage collection
- Data structures
- Exception handling (throw/throw new)
- Unit testing
Nice to have
- Understanding of TeamCity, Bit Bucket, Jira and Agile development practices
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
- Experience mentoring and/or leading more junior developers
- Previous experience in investment banking or in the financial industry
- Angular 1,5
- .NET Core
- We offer the possibility to work on full product lifecycle – from concept to delivery into production
- We are open for innovations and modern technologies
- We offer guaranteed professional growth through the technology trainings and technology communities inside EPAM
- We are proactive Agile/Scrum/XP practitioners
- We propose to realize your ideas and potential within the democratic environment
- Using English on a daily basis, communication with people from different countries
- As a team - we bring in all our empathy, synergy and drive to focus on the client – bringing world class experience online
- Competitive compensation depending on experience and skills
- Comfortable and modern offices in Prague 4
- Benefit program (5 weeks of vacation, 5 sick days, wage compensation for the first three days of illness, meal vouchers, flexi pass, annual coupon of Prague city public transport, multisport cards)
- Start ASAP/negotiable