You are strategic, resilient, engaging with people and a natural self-starter. You have a passion for solving complex problems. If this sounds like you, this could be the perfect opportunity to join EPAM as a Senior Business Analyst. Scroll down to learn more about the position’s responsibilities and requirements.
We are seeking a Senior Business Analyst who fully understands and is well-versed in Agile Development methodologies, who understands test-driven development concepts, and who is familiar with development of advanced analytics solutions on top of a MS Azure and Hadoop-based data lake environment.
The candidate should be self-motivated, have strong leadership skills, and understand how to work in a multi-cultural team. The person will be the primary focal point for offshore development teams potentially located in Kiev, Lviv, Minsk, Hyderabad, and Guadalajara, and will be the primary face for offshore team members. As such, a strong candidate will know how to effectively motivate development team members to produce the best results. The candidate will also be the primary point of contact for customer and end user stakeholders, so should be very adept in communicating effectively.
The effective candidate understands the nuances of writing good requirements in the form of user stories and acceptance criteria, is well versed in purpose and intention of various Scrum and Agile processes and ceremonies and is familiar with team management tools such as Jira.
The ideal candidate would also have strong data analysis capabilities and be able to write simple SQL to test analytic results. Ideal candidate should also have some background in O&G domain areas such as supply and trading, facilities engineering, reservoir management, and earth sciences, or have the aptitude and interest to learn and grow in these areas.
This position has significant growth potential and an opportunity rapidly expand your personal potential across multiple facets.
What You’ll Do
- Plan business analysis activities
- Collect and analyze business requirements and turn them into high quality solution requirements as technical specifications/epics and user stories, prototypes, process and use case diagrams
- Validate and verify solution requirements with the project team and customer’s representatives
- Communicate with customers on a daily basis, handle business questions and deliver business answers; translate technical findings for non-technical teams and vice versa
- Maintain and improve requirement management and/or software development processes through the whole project life cycle
What You Have
- 5+ years of experience as a Business Analyst
- Deep knowledge of business analysis activities and techniques Hands-on experience in Agile methodologies (Scrum)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, ability to work closely to clients
- Self-motivated personality with excellent problem-solving skills, can-do attitude
- Excellent time management skills, ability to work effectively with strict deadlines
What We Offer
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance (Subsidized)
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Healthcare, Dependent Care, Commuter)
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability (Company Provided)
- Life and AD&D Insurance (Company Provided)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Matched 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Legal Plan and Identity Theft Protection
- Accident Insurance
- Employee Discounts
- Pet Insurance