As a Scala Engineer, you will live on the front lines of the products we create, and build features used by millions of people every day.
Our customer is a multi-brand online retailer in the United Kingdom and Ireland with more than 80 years of history. Online business is represented by four digital department stores, which are built on Oracle Commerce platform. Each department store offers customers a variety of additional services, from numerous credit options and payment methods to extended warranties and insurance products.
We are planning to build a Data Lake solution where data should be stored in AWS S3 buckets and registered in a HIVE meta-store. You will be responsible for implementing Hadoop onto Apache Hive & S3 and ingesting data from a number of systems into S3.
Project technologies and tools
- Java 8
- Amazon S3
- Take part in designing software architecture
- Developing integrations with 3rd party systems
- Design and develop high-load system
- 2+ years of experience in Java/Scala
- Experience with HIVE, Spark will be a plus
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) will be a plus
- Experience with Apache Hadoop will be a plus
- Strong communication skills and good spoken and written English
- Competitive compensation depending on experience and skills
- Individual career path in engineering
- Social package - medical insurance, sports
- Compensation for sick lists and regular vacations
- English classes with certified English teachers
- Flexible work hours