You are curious, persistent, logical and clever – a true techie at heart. You enjoy living by the code of your craft and developing elegant solutions for complex problems. If this sounds like you, this could be the perfect opportunity to join EPAM as a Performance Engineer. Scroll down to learn more about the position’s responsibilities and requirements.
Are you an experienced professional who is passionate about innovative technology – specifically performance testing, performance profiling, web/mobile and database performance real-time monitoring and tools - and its potential to help create a world beyond cash?
Love being hands-on and eager to demonstrate a clear path of services adoption to your partners with demos, presentations, and prototypes?
Do you know how to create performance dashboard comparing and contrasting end-user performance needs to test results, and highlight performance/capacity blockers?
Do you have a motivation to drive Performance Test automation and self-service culture as a part of software delivery practices?
Can you scale your communication to articulate application performance metrics and issues starting from engineers to program managers to product managers?
EPAM’s Financial Services Practice is looking for exceptionally talented people to join our team of world class engineers. Our clients are some of the world’s largest and most innovative banks, investment banks and wealth management institutions.
Quality Engineering team within our client is about creating an ecosystem to build a world beyond waiting for all delivery teams to help achieve time-to-market, quality excellence, and higher customer satisfaction within all verticals including core, emerging payments, and value-added services.
Unlike similar performance tester roles in other organizations, this position needs deep understanding of architecture stacks and performance patterns – in addition to performance tools and performance testing- to understand business requirements and help architect/fine-tune systems for better performance early in the development life cycle.
This position will be part of Performance Engineering team within Quality Engineering and is responsible for ensuring that performance (end-to-end response times, throughput, transactions per second, capacity, etc.) of the client’s applications meet or exceed customer expectations.
What You’ll Do
- Coordinate and participate in requirements review and performance testing activities to ensure the quality and functionality of our client’s assigned developed systems
- Document performance test strategy and test plans covering environment, schedule, test data set up, testing techniques, and key SLA metrics keeping end-user requirements and customer experience in mind
- Conduct manual and automated performance testing, manage performance defects, and troubleshoot performance issues covering platform hardware analysis, scalability, and application profiling (JVM, databases, etc.)
- Partner with operations, product, and development teams to develop real-time performance dashboards and provide periodic updates on application performance to all the stakeholders
- Define and implement best practices for end-to-end application performance management solutions including Proof of Concepts and Tools evaluation and selection – specifically in emerging technologies (web, mobile)
- Document problems, monitor resolutions and retain documentation necessary to share knowledge with performance engineering and application teams
- Develop business and product knowledge over time and share such knowledge to mentor newer team members. This is not a management position; however, this position is expected to provide strong leadership to junior members of the staff
- Adhere to and enforce consistent company and department testing standards and procedures
What You Have
- Ability to define performance test plans and roadmap, as well as partner with delivery teams to implement the strategy
- Prior experience installing, configuring and using performance testing tools such as LoadRunner and JMeter, and performance monitoring tools such as Dynatrace and Splunk
- Experience in web/mobile application and web services (SOAP and REST APIs) scripting and performance testing
- Ability to monitor and tune Java virtual machine and app servers; articulate JVM GC process and its logs; ability to collect performance metrics from *nix and Windows
- Expertise of Agile and waterfall testing methodologies and tools such as Jira, Rally, Rational Team Concert, Quality Center, etc
- Experience in building right performance environment data sets and use of data virtualization tools where required
- Performance tuning experience with RDBMS (Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, etc.) desirable
- Application development experiences preferably in Java and test tools such as Junit and JBehave. Exposure to test-driven and behavior-driven development (TDD and BDD) desirable not mandatory
- Self-motivated individual that finds and delivers solutions with ability to continuously learn new applications and technologies
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills with great attention to detail, critical thinking, solid communication and proven leadership skills - with the ability to lead multiple test paths simultaneously
What We Offer
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance (Subsidized)
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Healthcare, Dependent Care, Commuter)
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability (Company Provided)
- Life and AD&D Insurance (Company Provided)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Matched 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Legal Plan and Identity Theft Protection
- Accident Insurance
- Employee Discounts
- Pet Insurance