Currently we are looking for an Application Support Engineer (Calypso) for our Malaga office to make the team even stronger.
Our Calypso Application Support Team takes responsibility for production availability of the application, which serves as central trade repository, lifecycle management and trade reporting. You job is to ensure the application and its supporting processes are all running smoothly and perform optimally. You will provide proactive maintenance and monitoring, consulting with the development team where necessary on how to ensure the application is deployed correctly, but also be ready to react quickly when software malfunctions or when it becomes unresponsive.
You will be working alongside globally renowned and award-winning design, development and technology teams who are passionate about what they do and how they do it.
We always hire for a career in EPAM, but the initial client for this hire is a leading UK-based Hedge Fund with aggressive growth aspirations and a challenging delivery agenda.
- Be responsible for the readiness and effective operation of both production and development of Calypso environments
- Take responsibility for production support, service levels and problem resolution
- Drive results, productivity, quality and value for the client, respecting their deadlines and objectives but also being an honest, realistic and committed partner to them
- Play a proactive role in proposing technologies, tools & approaches
- Suggest innovative solutions to business problems/processes that leverage technology to provide marketing differentiation, efficiency improvements, and better user experiences
- Investigate complex issues of production delivery, run the root cause analysis, establish a solution and push it through required steps necessary in order to deliver
- Identify and manage risks and flag major issues early
- You will have a hands-on Calypso background with experience of supporting and releasing of technical projects and solutions for clients
- Calypso V14 or better, with good product and workflow management experience
- Calypso configuration / customization / optimization skills would be a plus
- Ability to monitor, restart, debug, read and understand Java code at basic level
- WebSphere or other message queue monitoring and management experience
- Oracle 11 DB execution and monitoring experience
- Wide and inquisitive interest in technology and ability to turn your hand to many different technical problems
- Passionate about the whole delivery lifecycle and be someone who takes ownership and pride in delivering productivity, quality and reliability
- Good understanding of ITIL processes, in particular a structured approach to continuous improvement of the production environment
- You communicate clearly and precisely
- You respect time lines and have an “in built” urgency to resolve issues in a timely way
- You are a great team player with your Support, QA and Dev colleagues, never playing the “blame game” when problems arise
- You form strong, honest and mutually respectful relationships with the key client, visiting their London office as required
- 30 calendar days paid holiday, plus 12 bank holidays per year
- EPAM Lifestyle Events (‘’special leave’’)
- Support with professional training
- Online Library and Career development
- In-house training and competence professional groups
- Regular social events
- Referral bonuses