Currently we are looking for a Lead Software Engineer for our Krakow office to make the team even stronger.
This is an opportunity for a Software Engineer with strong Java skills interested in hands-on development of mission-critical solutions for one of the world’s most successful financial services company.
Several Agile teams are working on a wide range of projects dealing with both hi-load batch-processing backends and client-facing Web applications. This variety gives people a unique opportunity to move between businesses and technical areas. The systems deal with the investment products, regulatory reporting and business processes of the financial company.
You will find microservices, event-driven architecture, Spring, Hibernate, JMS, Angular and React on the list of technologies. The ideal candidate will work closely with the client stakeholders from the point of requirements definition till the release.
The project teams are distributed; however, the key stakeholders are in Europe so there is enough time for live communication to ensure effective cooperation. Extensive communications with the business analysts and product stakeholders require good command of both written and spoken English.
- 2+ years of experience in Java programming
- Strong Java SE knowledge
- Spring (Core, Data, Boot, MVC)
- SQL (PL/SQL would be a big plus)
- Linux experience at least at a user level
- JPA (Hibernate)
- Good English (both spoken and written)
- Strong team-work focus
- Positive improvement-oriented attitude
- Proactive and fast learner
Nice to have
- Experience in RESTful API development
- Understanding of investment
- XML (XPath, XQuery)
- Work experience using TDD
- Understanding of multithreading in Java
- Possibility to be involved in an international project (Canada, China, Hong Kong, Mexico, USA, Switzerland, Germany, Sweden, United Kingdom, Russia, Belarus, Ukraine, Hungary, etc.)
- Language classes (English and Polish)
- Vast opportunities for self-development: online courses and library, experience exchange with colleagues around the world, partial grant of certification
- Career development center
- Possibility to take part in both: corporate and startup environment
- Possibility to relocate for short and long-term projects
- Relocation package for those who relocate to Krakow, Wroclaw, Katowice or Gdansk from other locations
- Benefit package (health care, multisport, lunch tickets, petrol vouchers and shopping vouchers, etc.)
- Fruits on a weekly basis
- Sponsored sport activities, E-sport program
- We kindly ask you to include the following clause in your application: "Wyrażam zgodę na przetwarzanie danych osobowych zawartych w niniejszym dokumencie do realizacji procesu rekrutacji zgodnie z ustawą z dnia 10 maja 2018 roku o ochronie danych osobowych (Dz. Ustaw z 2018, poz. 1000) oraz zgodnie z Rozporządzeniem Parlamentu Europejskiego i Rady (UE) 2016/679 z dnia 27 kwietnia 2016 r. w sprawie ochrony osób fizycznych w związku z przetwarzaniem danych osobowych i w sprawie swobodnego przepływu takich danych oraz uchylenia dyrektywy 95/46/WE (RODO)"
- Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted