Senior Big Data Engineer (Scala) DescriptionJob #: 43355
EPAM is committed to providing our global team of 36,700+ EPAMers with inspiring careers from day one. EPAMers lead with passion and honesty and think creatively. Our people are the source of our success and we value collaboration, try to always understand our customers’ business, and strive for the highest standards of excellence. In today’s new market conditions, we continue to support operations for hundreds of clients around the world remotely, with the vast majority of our teams working from home. No matter where you are located, you’ll join a dedicated, diverse community that will help you discover your fullest potential.
As a Senior Big Data Engineer (Scala), you will live on the front lines of the products we create, and build features used by millions of people every day.
Our customer is one of the biggest multi-brand online retailers in the UK. It's our long-playing customer and now they aim to enhance the use of its existing data by improving its storage capabilities and accessibility. The goal of the project is to build a system from the scratch based on Data Lake architecture with Query Layer which provides the ability for multiple data consumer systems to query data from the lake. Additional challenge in Query Layer design is to make it auto-scalable to handle peaks in demand with high uptime percentage as for HA characteristic.
Project technologies and tools
- AWS Services - EMR, S3, Lambda, EC2, RDS, CloudFormation, etc
- Hortonworks Data Platform (HDP)
- Spark, Spark Streaming
- Apache Knox
- Scala as programming language
- 3+ years of experience with Big Data stack: Spark, Hive, HDFS
- Basic Scala knowledge
- Experience with AWS Cloud services
- Knowledge of Linux will be a plus
- Knowledge of scripting will be a plus
- Excellent communication skills, team player
- Good spoken and written English
- Competitive compensation depending on experience and skills
- Individual career path in engineering
- Social package - medical insurance, sports
- Compensation for sick lists and regular vacations
- English classes with certified English teachers
- Flexible work hours