Currently we are looking for a Financial Services - Senior Solution Architect for our Zurich office to make the team even stronger.
EPAM is working with wealth and asset managers, insurance companies, as well as capital markets. We are helping to optimize client service offerings, redefining the relationships between clients and the bank through digital, and leveraging data and analytics to drive active engagement between customers and their investments.
Our engagement process is centred on clients’ needs and deploys an end-to-end consulting and service design led approach to tie business strategy and vision to a practical delivery roadmap, supported by world-class near-shore engineering capabilities and agile delivery.
EPAM has a need for a Senior Solution Architect to work with business development or on client projects, leading the definition of appropriate technical solutions, working as part of multi-disciplinary project teams.
Senior Solution Architect is responsible for consulting with client stakeholders to clearly understand the client organisation's business and technical goals, objectives, constraints and pain points and for translating these needs into strategic advice and direction. Always with an enterprise view in mind, and in conjunction with the client and other EPAM specialists, the solution architect will also take the lead to develop strategic, tactical or other solution architectures as necessary to meet the client's needs, selecting the most appropriate technologies and documenting both architecture and design artefacts. The architect will then work with the client and EPAM’s technical team to oversee implementation of the solution.
- Provide strategic technology advice and guidance across the enterprise, based on consultancy and discovery with business and technical client staff at all levels in client organisations
- Identify and specify solution architectures within the context of the enterprise, its strategy, and overall architectural vision
- Determine and define architectural model based on customer requirements and technical drivers
- Provide leadership and planning of projects and project teams established to develop the architecture and strategy as described above
- Set and communicate the technical vision of the project and oversee implementation to insure integrity of data, application, integration and technical development with architectural model
- Define functional and non-functional requirements including performance, security and reliability
- Provide technical leadership to customer and development staff and collaborate with quality group, customer, designers and developers in testing system
- Strong customer facing skills, combined with a consultative, problem solving approach
- Should have an excellent understanding of major functional capabilities across Financial Services as well as common platform solutions leveraged by Financial Services Institutions
- Should also be familiar with common business and technical issues present in the industry and how technology is leveraged to overcome these obstacles
- Should have thorough knowledge of relevant design patterns and published reference architectures. The candidate will then need to translate requirements into the architecture and design that constitute the blueprint for a solution
- Given the current industry focus on digital transformation, the candidate should in particular be familiar with business concepts around the use of quantitative analytics, machine learning, advanced human interaction models and digital channels to enhance and augment the provision of services to clients
- Must be able to demonstrate ability and experience in balancing the architectural concerns of the projects with the concerns of the enterprise, including time to market, cost, capability and business priorities
- Should have excellent written and verbal communication skills and have experience in working with senior client stakeholders including enterprise architects, internal application teams and other technical stakeholders to ensure solutions are clearly defined, documented and explained, ensuring acceptance and commitment to delivery
- Must have experience in leading cross functional teams and act as the client facing lead that bridges solution design with engineering execution
- Must have experience on at least 2 major transformational programs at financial services organizations
- Minimum 10 years’ relevant experience with at least 5 years working in an architecture role in the financial services industry, preferably with a technology consulting background
- Any relevant industry or role certifications will be an advantage, for example TOGAF
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English (primary/mandatory) and German (secondary/preferred) - including ability to present and lead group meetings, including ability to write clearly, concisely and to a high level of detail
- Experience exchange with colleagues all around the world
- Competitive compensation depending on experience and skills
- Regular assessments and salary reviews
- Opportunities for self-realization
- Friendly team and enjoyable working environment
- Corporate and social events
- We do not accept CV from recruiting or staffing agencies