Currently we are looking for a Senior UX Visual Designer for our Amsterdam office to make the team even stronger.
EPAM is an end-to-end digital technology consultancy that partners with global clients to create ground-breaking products and services. We’re blending design strategy and engineering capabilities to produce game-changing products and services, to our clients across banking, retail, e-commerce, financial services and more. In this role you will work across a variety of business sectors. You will play a pivotal part in workshops, helping stakeholders to understand the needs of the user and translating this into the wider interaction. The focus will be to translate business requirements into design deliverables, whilst conducting research and creating personas to understand the unique requirements of each user.
Our Senior Experience Designers play a crucial role balancing business objectives with the user experience to drive compelling design solutions. Working across multiple touchpoints and devices you will adopt a broader view of how customers interact with products and services. In this role you will have the opportunity to partner with many different roles and disciplines within the wider EPAM team.
You will be responsible for the UX output on projects, you will be contributing in making decisions and providing direction for the team. Your day to day will include leading and assisting client workshops, analysis of research and insights, validating ideas with internal and external stakeholders and co-creating design concepts. In addition, you will produce deliverables that include user-journeys, wireframes, hi-fidelity prototypes, plus communicate with product owners/technical teams. These deliverables will support and inform products across native applications and responsive websites.
In short, your day to day will include:
1. Identifying and articulating Design challenge(s) (based on actual client business goals and market drivers).
2. Conceptualizing, visualizing and communicating potential solutions (based on your ability to solve pain points for the business or end-users, in their journey of engagement with client Brands. You will need to be able to socialize a low and high-fidelity vision of solutions to fellow Designers, Managers, EPAM engineers, and directly to the client (infographics, wireframes, storyboards, simple prototypes to high fidelity design mock-ups).
3. Validating solutions with end-users (You’ll be able to validate solutions with actual end-users by helping to facilitate usability tests and by synthesizing the findings into actionable recommendations for products and service enhancements).
In addition to the day to day responsibilities, you will support associate and other Designers, mentor other team members and share your expertise to support their client work and professional development.
During projects and engagements, you will be client facing up to C-level and manage multiple stakeholders throughout the project process.
- Partner with other Experience Designers and multi-disciplinary teams to help translate complex business requirements and bring them to life by creating high quality design deliverables
- Contribute to the planning, design and participation of collaborative client workshops to understand business and customer challenges, client vision, and co-creation of solutions
- Synthesize workshop findings into themes, infographics, recommendations
- Assist in planning and participation in customer research (ethnographic, qualitative contextual inquiry)
- Understand and map end-user journeys, motivations and pain points
- Provide visualization of ideal solution interaction design (wireframes), user flows, and high-fidelity mock-ups and prototypes of solutions (Sketch, Illustrator, Photoshop, InVision, Axure, etc.)
- Assist in planning and participation in usability testing of solutions
- Communicate research, solutions and concepts to internal team as well as to clients
- Ability to create and produce design deliverables to a high standard, including:
- User journeys and personas
- Wireframes and interaction designs
- Prototypes (both low and hi-fidelity)
- Fearless about solving any business challenge across online and offline channels
- Absolute proficiency in contemporary Design tools (Sketch, Adobe tools, simple prototyping tools like InVision and Axure)
- Strong attention to details and can perform design QA
- Strong portfolio demonstrating excellent visual and UX design proficiency
- Ability to participate in user research and testing activities and deliverables
- Excellent ability to explain complex design decisions to experts and laypeople
- Strong understanding of interaction design and usability best practices
- Strong ability to conduct Design activities within both agile and waterfall environments
- Ability to accurately estimate work so that it is delivered on time and on budget
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- High-level knowledge of front-end development
- Excellent communication skills to support partnering with both internal and client stakeholders, engaging with stakeholders in workshops and building professional relationships
- Knowledge of or experience in native mobile platforms (iOS and Android)
- Sound business acumen
- Experience supervising a team, or mentoring junior team members is a bonus
- Experience working within Agile is a bonus
- Proactive self-starter who is comfortable to set direction and guidance
- Competitive compensation depending on experience and skills
- Regular assessments and salary reviews
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth
- Friendly team and enjoyable working environment
- Flexible working schedule enables work life balance
- Regular corporate and social events