Currently, we are looking for a .NET/C# Developer in Test for our Malaga office.
Our high-functioning test automation team work closely with all areas of the business including front/middle office, fund accounting, quantitative analytics, risk management and economic research. We are responsible for the quality of the core technology platform upon which all these areas operate. Our stack is primarily focused on Microsoft .NET technologies, Microsoft SQL Server and RESTful services, so working knowledge, or proven capacity to learn these complex technologies is important for candidates to be successful. Our team brings together people who are passionate about technology and its application to the dynamic needs of a hedge fund. We strongly believe in continuous improvement, of both our technology and our processes, and we welcome creative thinking to evolve and challenge the environment.
You will be working alongside globally renowned and award-winning design, development and technology teams who are passionate about what they do and how they do it.
We always hire for a career in EPAM, but the initial client for this hire is a leading UK based Hedge Fund with aggressive growth aspirations and a challenging delivery agenda.
- Work with business / quant analysts / developers to define requirements
- Define, document, develop and maintain automated tests, including functional, regression, performance etc
- Improve and extend the test framework
- Execute tests, analyse results, report defects
- Proactively ensure system stability, performance, accuracy and overall quality
- Participate in refining and extending the core testing framework, eg. focusing on performance testing, or work on creating a new framework from scratch
- Good knowledge of C#, or of another object-oriented language such as Java
- Experience with SQL databases, ideally Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience writing BDD automated tests, ideally in SpecFlow / Cucumber
- Strong enthusiasm for programming and technology, and an appetite and ability to work in a dynamic and integrated team
- Ability to own all aspects of testing projects from start to finish, from establishing business requirements and coding tests, to executing test plans and driving the release
- Desire to understand and solve business problems, build domain knowledge and increase market understanding
- Focus on quality of the final product
Nice to have
- Experience with performance and load testing
- Experience testing RESTful services
- Experience testing Excel spreadsheets
- Front office experience at a bank, asset management firm or hedge fund
- Experience working with developers/Quants/Risk Managers/Traders
- Full knowledge of and experience in the Software Development Lifecycle
- Knowledge of and experience in the Calypso platform will be a plus
- 30 calendar days paid holiday, plus 12 bank holidays per year
- EPAM Lifestyle Events (‘’special leave’’)
- Support with professional training
- Online Library and Career development
- In-house training and competence professional groups
- Regular social events
- Referral bonuses