Currently we are looking for a Lead .NET Software Engineer for our Prague office to make the team even stronger.
Our client is an investment bank, which provides large corporate, government and institutional clients with a full spectrum of solutions to their strategic advisory, financing and risk management needs.
The hiring team is responsible for building the strategic counterparty credit risk (CCR) generation system, which is undergoing a large transformation as part of the Multi-factor Interest Rate project. This project brings a considerable increase in the complexity of the market data simulation and trade pricing methodologies, and subsequently poses new performance challenges.
The team is moving to a scalable microservice based architecture, utilizing the platform (C#) for workflow orchestration and the Core Risk Engine Framework (CRE) with QA Primary pricing library (C++).
The successful candidate will be part of a team responsible for developing the components required to enable integration of CCR stack with the bank’s state-of the-art Data Fabric solution and contribute to its evolution through successful team collaboration.
She or he will be a Senior Developer within agile team responsible for all aspects of the development process, including technical design, implementation, code-reviews, testing, production deployment, and support.
This is a challenging role requiring strong technical skills and problem-solving abilities well suited for a candidate who is motivated by the opportunity to build quality solutions in a technical environment. The successful candidate will be rewarded with a fantastic opportunity to work within a driven, like-minded team using a mix of technologies and can shape the next generation of CCR stack with a wide user base across the globe.
- Develop a distributed cross-asset trade pre-processing solution for EOD and intra-day risk
- Design appropriate solutions within defined remit
- Provide hands-on development using C#/.NET 4.5+, Visual Studio 2015, XML/XSLT, SQL Server, Python
- Produce SOLID code with excellent test coverage
- Deliver solutions within a DevOps environment with a relentless focus on automation of testing and deployment via TeamCity and internal testing frameworks
- Fully participate in Kanban software delivery process backed by Jira/Git/Bitbucket tooling with strong emphasis on code reviews and team collaboration
- Have direct interaction with business product owners according to project needs
- Provide support and resolve issues for systems in production
- Lead a team of developers
- Strong ability to understand complex systems with a large number of interacting components
- Experience with rule based driven processing, ideally, within financial services business domain
- Extensive C# .NET experience covering:
- Server-side development
- Multi-threaded code
- Service-oriented architecture using Rest
- Strong appreciations of SOLID design principles and its effective application in practice
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Experience with in-memory data grid and/or no-SQL technologies (e.g. GridGain, Mongo)
- Database development, ideally with SQL Server
- XML and XSLT technologies
- Agile development (preferably Scrum/Kanban)
- Excellent communication and team skills
- Leading/mentoring experience
Nice to have
- Strong C++ development skills
- Development in scripting language such as Python
- Experience with Elastic Search, LogStash, Kibana, distributed systems (e.g. Data Synapse, NServiceBus) and messaging (e.g. Solace, RabbitMQ)
- We offer the possibility to work on full product lifecycle – from concept to delivery into production
- Opportunity to work on leading edge FinTech platforms, working in a fast-paced, agile, software engineering culture
- Using English on a daily basis, communication with people from different countries
- Comfortable modern offices in Prague 4
- Benefit program (5 weeks of vacation, 5 sick days, wage compensation for the first three days of illness, meal vouchers, flexi pass, annual coupon of Prague city public transport, multisport cards)
- Czech and English language courses
- Start ASAP/negotiable
- Relocation assistance including the coverage of the relocation costs (if needed)
- Rotation program - possibility to relocate for short and long-term projects within 25 countries
- Referral bonuses for recommended candidates