Currently we are looking for a Python Developer for our Amsterdam office to make our team even stronger.
EPAM Netherlands is growing rapidly. To expand our team, we are looking for a experience Python Developer.
The primary purpose of the Developer is to implement a Deployment and DevOps strategy encompassing the build and development of IaC and IaaS including an automation framework with elements of declarative automation model, state and orchestrator.
This role will drive Infrastructure as Code development by translating business requirements together with solution-, network- and cloud/infrastructure architects and into software and provide modular code that can meet scaling requirements and future demands.
This role will collaborate across department boundaries, cooperating and contributing with other Development /DevOps teams within technology and operations.
- Design, set up & maintenance of IaC and automation framework to support continuous integration of LGs entertainment platform
- Support the platform, using technical analysis to improve the reliability and scalability of the whole system
- Work closely with architects and developers to define building blocks and new features
- Write clean, well-structured and maintainable code
- Design and develop life excellence solution like Fault identification, tolerance and recovery automations
- Actively participate in planning and management of platform development process
- Regularly check the monitor alarms, diagnose the symptoms, analyze the root causes and making preventive plans
- Explore new latest relevant technology, techniques, frameworks, tools, methodologies and processes
- University degree (bachelor’s or masters) in Computer Science, Science, Mathematics or equivalent or be able to demonstrate relevant knowledge
- Fluent spoken and written English
- 4+ years of experience in working with Linux (Red Hat, Ubuntu or similar)
- Hands-on scripting and coding experience in working with Python and Golang
- Experienced with SQL databases, ideally different flavors (PostgreSQL, MySQL, Cassandra, Neo4J, Mongo) and DB optimization
- Experience working with Ansible and Terraform, nice to have also other configuration management/automation tools such as Chef, Puppet, Jenkins etc
- Practical knowledge of public cloud services such as Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Strong preference for Network knowledge about TCP/IP protocol suites, network security, and experience with tools like Wireshark/tcpdump, mitmproxy, dig, curl or similar
- Knowledge of virtualization and Linux containers, i.e., KVM, Docker, CoreOS rkt or similar
- Knowledge of various API standards (JSON, REST) and python frameworks (Django, Flask, etc)
- Knowledge of web and HTTP proxy servers, i.e., nginx or similar
Nice to have
- Knowledge of High Availability Solutions, global scale solutions like cloud-based auto scaling etc
- Experience with commercial or open source monitoring systems, i.e., Nagios, Zabbix, Open Falcon or similar
- Experience with Elastic solutions (Elastic, Kibana, Logstash) and monitor data collection tools
- Basic knowledge on front-end development
- General knowledge of software engineering practices including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, Agile development, build processes, testing, and operations
- Effective communication skills, ability to work well in a collaborative, team environment within sometimes tight deadlines is a big plus
- Competitive compensation depending on experience and skills
- Regular assessments and salary reviews
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth
- Friendly team and enjoyable working environment
- Flexible working schedule enables work life balance
- Regular corporate and social events