Currently, we are looking for Technical Application Support Engineer for our Malaga office.
With over twenty five years’ experience in crafting market leading software, our business has been rapidly evolving and is now a global player in solving business challenges and developing tailor-made cutting edge solutions.
These challenges require a dynamic and highly skilled workforce imagining, designing, engineering, and delivering software, through to business consulting services & customer experiences, which are changing the world around us.
Our high-functioning Business and System Operations Support Team takes responsibility for production availability of both custom built applications and 3rd party solutions. You job is to ensure these applications are running smoothly and perform optimally. You will provide proactive maintenance and monitoring, consulting with development teams on how to ensure applications are deployed correctly, but also be ready to react quickly when software malfunctions or becomes unresponsive.
You will be working alongside globally renowned and award-winning design, development and technology teams who are passionate about what they do and how they do it.
We always hire for a career in EPAM, but the initial client for this hire is a leading UK based Hedge Fund with clear growth aspirations and a challenging delivery agenda.
- Take responsibility for production support and problem resolution of the Quant/Enterprise Technology systems during core business hours
- Be responsible for the readiness and effective operation of both production and development environments, including running routine maintenance on file, data store and job control systems
- Participate in an overnight support via a rota
- Investigate complex issues of production delivery, run the root cause analysis, establish a solution and push it through required steps necessary in order to deliver
- Identify and manage risks, flagging major issues early and escalating incidents as required
- Drive results, productivity, quality and value for the client, respecting their deadlines and objectives but also being an honest, realistic and committed partner to them
- Deploy releases into production
- Play a proactive role in proposing technologies, tools and approaches
- Suggest innovative solutions to business problems/processes that leverage technology to provide marketing differentiation, efficiency improvements, and better user experiences
- You will have extensive technical application support background with varied hands-on experience of supporting and releasing technical solutions for clients, preferably in a Microsoft environment:
- Strong MSSQL knowledge with the ability to interrogate data stores and investigate the resulting data set
- Strong PowerShell or similar scripting experience
- Ability to read and debug C# at a basic level is highly desirable
- Wide and inquisitive interest in Windows and general technology and ability to turn your hand to many different technical problems
- You will have some experience working with RESTful services, SQL databases, AMQP
- You will be passionate about the robust nature of the technologies under your ownership and will take pride in delivering productivity, quality and reliability
- You have a good understanding of ITIL processes, in particular a structured approach to continuous improvement of the production environment
- You communicate clearly and precisely with technologists and business users at all levels
- You respect time lines and have an “in built” urgency to resolve issues in a timely way
- You are a great team player with your Support, QA and Dev colleagues, never playing the “blame game” when problems arise
- You form strong, honest and mutually respectful relationships with the key client, visiting their London office as required
- You can learn new technologies and expand
- Extended opportunity to grow professionally in a cross-cultural environment
- Access to various on-line courses from leading provider
- Access to engineering communities on a global scale
- Social benefits in line with local legislation
- Health insurance and meal vouchers programs
- Special discount program for EPAMers with providers across Malaga and in other cities around the world
- Regular team collaboration events
- Office in a good location with easy access
- Referral bonuses
- Relocation support (for people from other countries)