We enable our clients’ business transformation by engaging multi-disciplinary teams who combine deep business expertise with design thinking, world-class engineering, modern operations practices and leading tools and frameworks for optimizing performance. We are Digital Orchestrators and we deliver Agile transformation at scale.
We are passionate consultants, designers, architects and engineers who enable our customers to be competitive and disruptive in the marketplace through innovative technology solutions while helping them to navigate successfully through multiple waves of technology change.
EPAM Systems recruits exceptionally talented people who have a passion for, take pride in their work, and are motivated in delivering results relentlessly. We believe that every one of our employees makes a difference and contributes to the momentum that moves us ahead in achieving our goals.
The position is within the Financial Services Consulting Wealth Management & Insurance Practice based out of Zurich. As part of our strategic growth, we are looking for experienced consultant practitioners in the financial services/insurance sector who aspire to join a vibrant, growing business and dynamic team culture, which still processes a pragmatic “start-up” mindset within an established global firm. In conjunction with the Head of Financial Services Consulting – DACHNL based in Zurich, you would help lead the DACHNL insurance consulting practice build-out and delivery across the project cycle from pre-sale opportunities to execution of a successful services “pull-through” capability for EPAM with Insurance clients. This means realizing additional EPAM services beyond consulting-led engagements such as UI/UX-service design, digital transformation, business-driven technology and software engineering services, and intelligent automation/robotics.
You would expect to leverage your in-depth subject matter expertize in the insurance domain, potential network relationships as well possessing a solid background in external consulting skillsets with hands-on transformational experience. You would be entrusted with senior project delivery roles within multi-disciplinary team environments and face off with senior client stakeholders, SME’s as well as actively managing client relationships. Furthermore, you leverage your expert methodology know-how in preparing and overseeing high quality deliverables.
This role also provides important consulting advisory and subject-matter leadership with pre-sales/business development and client account teams such as developing proposals, creating thought leadership and generating value proposition materials to position EPAM in the market.
The role is based in Zurich with travel foreseen primarily within Europe and abroad depending on client work and/or as required across the firm for supporting business activities.
- 10-15+ years relevant combined industry and consulting experience with at least 3 years at a Senior Manager grade as an external consultant. Consulting experience with “Big-4” Advisory and/or reputable consultancy boutiques/system integrators with an insurance business domain focus is a pre-requisite
- Possess an excellent understanding of specific insurance domain knowledge specializations such as: business/IT architecture capability & operating models, front-end client portals, front-to-back processes, policy & claims management, risk management and modelling, compliance, and corporate functions, digitalization solutions, key regulatory awareness and changes etc
- Experience demonstrating business-led technology transformational project credentials is a pre-requisite to the role
- Bachelor's/master's degree from an accredited university
- Advanced ability to develop innovative and multi-disciplinary solutions with various teams across dispersed teams and cultures is vital
- Knowledge of/experience with digital innovation, customer experience, “InsurTech/FinTech” eco-systems and advising on market dynamics would be desirable
- Robust project management methodology skills (i.e. Waterfall/Agile) applied within multi-disciplinary project environments are expected. Furthermore, brings typical senior external consultant skillsets such as requirements engineering, process design, workshop facilitation, change management
- Ability to advise and lead with supporting pre-sales and account management teams with providing domain expertize and consulting methodology know-how, preparing proposals, develop and perform value proposition presentations, and developing service and solution offerings
- In-depth experience with senior multi-stakeholder change management and full project cycle activities
- Very good working experience with and knowledge of Swiss insurance players/sector as well as awareness of the wider global market dynamics would be a definite asset (in particular, pan-European)
- Possess key client relationships and networks plus strong contributions to business development activities is important with this senior role
- Team leadership skills and staff mentoring combined with high emotional intelligence
- Ability to lead multi-disciplinary and dispersed project teams within a matrix organization
- Entrusted with senior project roles acting as the primary face-off to clients and project sponsors
- Strong team player skills and working under pressure/deadlines within multi-stakeholder environments while dealing with ambiguity
- Advanced communication, presentation, facilitation, MS-Office & Visio, organizational, and planning skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Fluency in spoken German is required. Our global corporate working language is English
- Dynamic non-hierarchical environment with a start-up mindset flair
- Be part of a fast growing business with transformation inscribed in its DNA
- Opportunity to grow within a strategically vital part of the business
- Cross-sector experience exchange with colleagues in global locations
- Competitive compensation depending on experience and skills
- Regular assessments and salary reviews
- Opportunities to develop within an entrepreneurial approach
- Open, informal team working environment
- Flexible delivery-oriented working schedule