We enable our clients’ business transformation by engaging multi-disciplinary teams who combine deep business expertise with design thinking, world-class engineering, modern operations practices and leading tools and frameworks for optimizing performance. We are Digital Orchestrators and we deliver Agile transformation at scale.
We are passionate consultants, designers, architects and engineers who enable our customers to be competitive and disruptive in the marketplace through innovative technology solutions while helping them to navigate successfully through multiple waves of technology change.
EPAM Systems recruits exceptionally talented people who have a passion for, take pride in their work, and are motivated in delivering results relentlessly. We believe that every one of our employees makes a difference and contributes to the momentum that moves us ahead in achieving our goals.
The position is within the Financial Services Consulting Wealth Management & Insurance Practice based out of Zurich. As part of our strategic growth, we are looking for experienced consultant practitioners in the financial services / insurance sector who are aspiring to join a vibrant, growing business and dynamic team culture, which still processes a pragmatic “start-up” mindset within an established global firm. Within Financial Services Consulting having an Insurance sector focus, you help support the insurance consulting practice build-out and delivery across the project cycle from pre-sale opportunities (e.g. contributing to proposal development preparation and pursuits) to execution of successful services “pull-through” capability for EPAM insurance clients. This means contributing to identifying additional EPAM services beyond consulting-led engagements such as UI/UX-service design, digital transformation, business-driven technology and software engineering services, and intelligent automation/robotics.
You would expect to leverage your subject matter expertize in the insurance domain and possess an in-depth background in external consulting skillsets with hands-on transformational experience. The role is primarily focused with full cycle project delivery and faces off to key client contacts, SME’s plus support managing client relationships. You would be entrusted with project stream-level responsibilities/specific areas within larger programs and responsible for producing and overseeing high quality deliverables.
The role is based in Zurich with travel foreseen primarily within Europe and abroad depending on client work and/or as required across the firm for supporting business activities.
- Minimum 7+ years in relevant combined industry and consulting experience with at least 3 years at a Manager grade as an external consultant. Consulting experience with “Big-4” Advisory and/or reputable consultancy boutiques/system integrators with an insurance business domain focus is a pre-requisite
- Possess strong understanding of specific insurance domain knowledge specializations such as business/IT architecture capability & Operating models, front-end client portals, front-to-back processes, policy & claims management, risk management and modelling, compliance, and corporate functions, digitalization solutions, key regulatory awareness and changes etc
- Project experience in business-led technology transformational project credentials is a pre-requisite to the role
- Bachelor's/master's degree from an accredited university
- Strong ability to support with developing innovative and multi-disciplinary solutions working with various teams across dispersed teams and cultures is vital
- Knowledge of/ experience in digital innovation, customer experience, “InsurTech/FinTech” eco-systems and advising on market dynamics would be desirable
- Robust project management methodology skills (i.e. Waterfall/Agile) applied within multi-disciplinary project environments are expected. Furthermore, brings typical external consultant skillsets such as requirements engineering, process design, workshop facilitation, project planning, change management
- Strong abilities to support pre-sales and account management teams with contributing domain expertize and methodology know-how, preparing proposals, and building out value proposition presentations/solution offerings
- In-depth experience with multi-stakeholder change management across the project cycle activities
- Sound knowledge of the Swiss insurance players/sector as well as awareness of the wider global market dynamics would be a definite asset (in particular, pan-European)
- Familiar with a network of industry professionals and preferably is recognized by a number of clients/potential clients. Demonstrates the potential to leverage these relationships along business development / project activities
- Ability to lead project steams within a matrix setup combined with high emotional intelligence
- Strong team player skills and working under pressure/deadlines within multi-stakeholder environments while dealing with ambiguity. Entrusted to work with minimal supervision
- Able to manage and ensure high quality deliverables are produced. Build key stakeholder relationships & help synthesize recommendations
- Advanced communication, presentation, facilitation, MS-Office & VISIO, organizational, and planning skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Fluency in spoken German is required. Our global corporate working language is English
- Dynamic non-hierarchical environment with a start-up mindset flair
- Be part of a fast-growing business with transformation inscribed in its DNA
- Opportunity to grow within a strategically vital part of the business
- Cross-sector experience exchange with colleagues in global locations
- Competitive compensation depending on contribution, experience and skills
- Regular assessments and salary reviews
- Opportunities to develop within an entrepreneurial approach
- Open, informal team working environment
- Flexible delivery-oriented working schedule