You are curious, persistent, logical and clever a true techie at heart. You enjoy living by the code of your craft and developing elegant solutions for complex problems. If this sounds like you, this could be the perfect opportunity to join EPAM as a Lead Software Engineer. Scroll down to learn more about the position’s responsibilities and requirements.
EPAM’s Financial Services Practice is looking for exceptionally talented people to join our team of world class engineers. Our clients are some of the world’s largest and most innovative banks, investment banks and wealth management institutions.
The Wealth Management Data Strategy project aims at building a data lake ingesting all available data sources across the wealth management group and becoming a single go-to place for serving all future data needs. Having the data ingested and pre-processed, it serves visualization layers including Tableau reports (first phase) and later a web-based portal.
We are looking for a Lead Software Engineer who will work on the collecting, storing, processing, and analyzing of large sets of data. The primary focus will be on choosing optimal solutions to use for these purposes, then maintaining, implementing, and monitoring them. You will also be responsible for integrating them with the architecture used across the company.
What You Have
- Proven experience leading development teams, ensuring code quality and overseeing subordinate developers
- Understanding of distributed computing principles
- Good understanding of SQL queries, joins, stored procedures, relational schemas
- Understanding of batch processing pipelines
Nice to have
- Java or .NET
- Knowledge of ETL techniques and frameworks
- Experience with big data platform
- FS domain knowledge a big plus but not required
What We Offer
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance (Subsidized)
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Healthcare, Dependent Care, Commuter)
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability (Company Provided)
- Life and AD&D Insurance (Company Provided)
- Matched 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Legal Plan and Identity Theft Protection
- Accident Insurance
- Employee Discounts
- Pet Insurance