Currently we are looking for a Lead User Experience Designer for our Zurich office to make the team even stronger.
EPAM is an end-to-end digital technology consultancy that partners with global clients to create ground-breaking products and services. We’re blending design strategy and engineering capabilities to produce game-changing products and services, to our clients across banking, retail, e-commerce, financial services and more.
In this role you will work across a variety of business sectors. You will play a pivotal part in workshops, helping stakeholders to understand the needs of the user and translating this into the wider interaction. The focus will be to translate business requirements into design deliverables, whilst conducting research and creating personas to understand the unique requirements of each user.
Our Lead User Experience Designers play a crucial role balancing business objectives with the user experience to drive compelling design solutions. Working across multiple touchpoints and devices you will adopt a broader view of how customers interact with products and services. In this role you will have the opportunity to partner with many different roles and disciplines within the wider EPAM team.
As a UX design lead, you will be responsible for the UX output on projects, you will be responsible for making decisions and providing direction for the team. Your day to day will include leading client workshops, analysis of research and insights, validating ideas with internal and external stakeholders and co-creating design concepts. In addition, you will produce deliverables that include user-journeys, wireframes, hi-fidelity prototypes, plus communicate with product owners/technical teams. These deliverables will support and inform products across native applications and responsive websites.
In addition to the day to day responsibilities, you will support associate and mid-weight UX Designers, mentor other team members and share your expertise to support their client work and professional development. During projects and engagements, you will be client facing up to C-level and manage multiple stakeholders throughout the project process.
- Partner with other UX designers, Visual designers and multi-disciplinary teams to help translate complex business requirements and bring them to life by creating high quality design deliverables
- Plan and run testing sessions to validate and refine designs
- Build close relationships with delivery managers, technical teams and other designers
- Apply business acumen to understand broader business challenges and user needs
- Incorporate best practices into your design work
- Be an advocate of user-centred design
- Deliver (design element) end-t-end complex projects
- Influence and manage shifting stakeholder requirements
- Provide interaction design of native applications (including iOS and Android) and mobile responsive websites
- Lead a team of multidisciplinary designers, mentoring them and supporting their professional development within EPAM
- Work with other team leads to define and evolve career path frameworks for designers to shape and grow the EPAM design team
- Provide client stakeholder management
- Minimum 7 years’ experience and multiple successful projects delivering web and mobile applications design
- Proven experience delivering (design element) agile end-to-end complex projects
- Proven experience designing ecommerce sites
- Proven experience working for a digital design agency or professional services firm delivering digital platforms and products
- Proven ability to create and produce design deliverables to a high standard, including:
- User journeys and personas
- Wireframes and interaction designs, including Data Visualization, Infographic, Mobile Experience and Responsive Web Design, Storyboard Creation, User Stories Creation
- Prototypes (both low and hi-fidelity)
- Development: experience in CSS & HTML development
- Design tools: hands-on skills and experience with design tools such as Adobe
- UXD: Visual Design: hands on skills and experience in Icon Design, Identity Design, Mobile Graphic Design, Print design, Web Graphic Design
- Proven experience partnering with both internal and client stakeholders, engaging with stakeholders in workshops and building professional relationships
- Experience creating native mobile platforms (iOS and Android)
- Able to lead a team, or mentor junior team members
- Proactive self-starter who has proven experience setting direction and guidance
- Experience exchange with colleagues all around the world
- Competitive compensation depending on experience and skills
- Regular assessments and salary reviews
- Develop integration modules for interacting with new systems and applications
- Opportunities for self-realization
- Friendly team and enjoyable working environment
- Corporate and social events
- Please note that any offers will be subject to appropriate background checks
- We do not accept CV from recruiting or staffing agencies