We believe that the team you build is the company you build. Our offices are digital laboratories. Our clients are major global brands. We’re always looking for talented teammates. Think you’ve got what it takes?
Currently we are looking for a Senior Mechanical Engineer for our Budapest office to make the team even stronger.
Our global client is developing a new, state of-the-art of automation equipment system that will improve access to services critical to people.
This new system targets a complicated industry—the production of something custom for each small-quantity order that requires passing delicate parts through a unique set of processing steps at different machines. With existing technology, orchestrating all of the machines and the movement of parts between them is a huge challenge.
After years working on this problem, the client has partnered with EPAM-Continuum engineers in the United States, through which we've developed a new prototype system to cleverly address this complexity with an automation solution. We need your help finishing the design and getting it into production. In particular, we'll be focused on two components of the factory:
- A 3-axis system which precisely picks up and moves parts
- A high throughput transportation mechanism that can handle the movement of many parts between many machines simultaneously
Our involvement in the project is growing and we are using this opportunity to expand our team to Belarus and Switzerland.
WHO YOU ARE
- Your skills demonstrate a broad base of practical knowledge, but you have the ability to ‘go theoretical’ to attain the necessary results;
- You are curious and build knowledge in new technologies, industries and business models deeply and quickly;
- You learn and adapt with creativity. You are energetic and passionate about solving problems and may even lead others to innovate;
- You are passionate about the big picture. You know how to design and build for context and may be able to guide a team to design for system wide constraints;
- Your work pace is fast, but you are thorough about the details. Being hands on, you love getting your hands dirty and being shoulder to shoulder on the front lines of a project;
- You know what drives quality in the real world and have the design, documentation, and communication skills to maintain quality within an agile and diverse work environment;
- You know how to verify that you’ve produced real results and may be able to orchestrate a team to achieve real results;
- You nurture your network. You communicate with impact and influence others positively. You communicate effectively, and you relate well with people and build partnerships. You’re able to provide feedback that helps develop your associates.
- BSME or equivalent from an accredited engineering program. An advanced degree or specialized industry experience (e.g. high-volume manufacturing, materials, medical devices) is a plus
- 5-10 years of mechanical engineering experience
- Experienced to expert level 3D CAD skills (SolidWorks)
- Strong background with various manufacturing processes
- Experience designing and executing proof-of-concept prototypes through integrated alpha designs
- Strong theoretical mechanical engineering background
Nice to have
- Design for Injection Mold
- Material Research and Selection
- Mechanism Design
- Experiment Design
- Electromechanical System Design
- Ergonomics and Interaction
- Machine Vision
- Dynamics (design for motion/acceleration/deceleration/impact)
- Dimension and Tolerance study
- Permanent job in a modern office in the company of many skilled associates
- Regular training and development opportunities
- Use of high-valued applications
- Bilingual work environment
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Recreation area
- Relocation opportunities
- International projects