EPAM is committed to providing our global team of 36,700+ EPAMers with inspiring careers from day one. EPAMers lead with passion and honesty and think creatively. Our people are the source of our success and we value collaboration, try to always understand our customers’ business, and strive for the highest standards of excellence. In today’s new market conditions, we continue to support operations for hundreds of clients around the world remotely, with the vast majority of our teams working from home. No matter where you are located, you’ll join a dedicated, diverse community that will help you discover your fullest potential.
Currently we are looking for a Lead Engineer for our Malaga office to make the team even stronger. On this role, you will be leading our Frontend team, and we are also looking for Senior Full Stack Engineers to this team. The team will interact with a multitude of teams from our UI/UX Design team, to our backend engineering team, to our platform engineers. Each person in the team will deeply understand product & business problems and will work on the stack end-to-end as the team builds an oversight platform for managing all of hedge fund’s trade generation activity.
Users of the technology in the Department are extremely sophisticated investors who are also technically savvy and work in a deep partnership model with the engineers. Our goal is to build highly functional, beautiful, and intuitive technologies for these processes which ultimately drive, scale, and enable our investment processes.
Our team will develop extremely sophisticated tools and collaborate with some of hedge fund’s most sophisticated investors – we don’t have a product for casual users, but instead we have products that empower a handful of the world’s sharpest and most engaging minds. Operating within a dynamic team focused on full stack development but also working with engineers from several different areas of focus.
Business Area: Financial Services/Capital Markets, Order Management System, Trading.
- Strong computer science fundamentals with a mastery of Full Stack development
- 10+ years of professional software development experience in technically rigorous environments holding extremely high bars for their engineers
- Experience in both front end and back end engineering
- Back-end experience in any popular language, preferably strong experience in Scala or being open to study Scala
- Strong algorithmic and debugging skill
- Understanding of SDLC, Agile, Design patterns
- Attitude to consistently holding a high bar for the code quality; being passionate about doing things the “right way”
- Ability to anticipate problems and complications and formulate solutions to unblock the progress of the project
- Capability to act as an owner, assuming responsibilities, and drive issues to resolution
- Ability to react to a mission critical problem in an excellent way, and not sacrificing quality over speed
- Being open-minded, appreciate direct feedback
- Being proactive, not tolerating problems, able to work in rapidly changing requirements and goals
- Extended opportunity to grow professionally in a cross-cultural environment
- Access to various on-line courses from leading provider
- Access to engineering communities on a global scale
- Unlimited access to LinkedIn learning solutions
- Social benefits in line with local legislation
- Health insurance and meal vouchers programs
- Special discount program for EPAMers with providers across Malaga and in other cities around the world
- Regular team collaboration events
- Office in a good location with easy access
- Referral bonuses
- Relocation support (for people from other countries)