Junior Software Engineer (Java) DescriptionJob #: 55272
We are looking for young and energetic Java trainees to join our inaugural “EPAM Java Microservices” program in Singapore!
This is a golden opportunity for grads in IT/Computing/Comp Sci/Engineering etc. with a basic knowledge of Object-oriented Programming in Java and/or Knowledge in Databases and SQL Language to join us and benefit from the latest and most up-to-date training in Java by our master trainers.
You will undergo a 3 month ‘EPAM Java Microservices Academy’ program where you will receive paid training, before graduating as a Java software engineer to be deployed immediately into one of our exciting local or global projects.
Please note that this position is open to applicants who do not need any sponsorship of employment pass or work visas in Singapore.
- Participate in full-time Java training course for the first three months
- Play a junior developer role after the training course, with accelerated path to senior or lead roles based on performance
- Write high quality and testable code following clean code principles
- Implement functionality by following defined software development process with supervision
- Read and understand project and requirement documentation
- Create documentation describing his/her code
- Participate in Agile Scrum activities: daily standup, demo session, retrospective, planning, etc
- Bachelor's degree or above in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related majors
- Have Object Oriented Programming in Java experience from diploma/degree studies
- Knowledgeable in Databases and SQL Language
- Enthusiasm and desire to learn, able to learn technology quickly
- Good problem solving and analytical skills
- Good communication skills
- Friendly team and enjoyable working environment
- Work-life balance and flexible schedule
- Online training library, mentoring, career development and potential partial grant of certification
- Unlimited access to LinkedIn learning solutions
- Referral bonuses
- Compensation for sick leave and paid time off
- Opportunities for self-realization